• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Officially Announces Sprint HERO!

No RAM issues with the Hero.
It's very fast , and if you have read the thread about the new ROM to which I posted the link, apparently is gonna get even faster.

I heard that the G1 had a few issues, but it's still the only Android phone with voice dialing.
Can you also call up the contacts and make calls via BT?
I just can't understand why such a vital function (at least for people like me obliged to spend most of the time at the wheel of a car) has been abolished in all Andrids newer phones, nor why no dev. seems to give a dam about it: probably they are too busy writing code for farting apps and for strobo and disco lights for cell phones, for which there must be an enormous demand.

Upvote 0
Hey Alex,

I left you my response in your personal inbox, let me know if you didn't get id, as I'm not sure id got thru.

Hey rdelfn,

You are on t-mobile with the GSM Hero? How's the speed on EDGE? Does it affect the widgets (ie: Weather/facebook status in contacts, etc)? Are they slow to load?

Would you recommend going that route? I'm on t-mobile and debating whether to switch to sprint or import a GSM Hero. Please let me know your thoughts.

Also...how will you update firmware since it's not through a carrier, hence no OTA updates. Do you have to go to the HTC site and download and install yourself from there? Please let me know if you have any info. Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm so excited for this phone to be coming to sprint - but I have a question about the SERO plans...I'm fairly certain that when people talk about if this phone will be available for SERO you're talking about the OLD SERO plans that are insanely cheap...right? It's pretty much guaranteed that it will be eligible for the new SERO plans that save about $10 per month?...I ask because I didn't get in on the original SERO but saving $10/month is nice...so I'd really like to if it's possible...anyone know?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm so excited for this phone to be coming to sprint - but I have a question about the SERO plans...I'm fairly certain that when people talk about if this phone will be available for SERO you're talking about the OLD SERO plans that are insanely cheap...right? It's pretty much guaranteed that it will be eligible for the new SERO plans that save about $10 per month?...I ask because I didn't get in on the original SERO but saving $10/month is nice...so I'd really like to if it's possible...anyone know?

Thanks!

New SERO plans? Or do you mean the SEP, maybe the EPRP? Cause SERO is no longer available and if you move out of a SERO plan, you cant get it back. So if you arent already in SERO, you cant get it, and if you are in it, you cant use it with certain devices. Currently the Palm Pre and the Samsung Instinct.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones