• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] once rooted hot to disable native hotspot?

Boo Boo

Aug 13, 2011
I want to use wifi tether or foxi , yet whenever I try the native hotspot turns on and forces itself to be the primary.

is there a way to disable it and only use one or the other of the listed apps without the native trying to run?

I have it rooted and hotspot mod installed since it would keep disconnecting the wifi tether apps

I think you're supposed to do either one or the other. If you installed the Native HotSpot Mod, that is the only thing you can use. The apps work by hacking the "stock" hotspot/tethering routine. Since you don't have the stock hotspot, things are getting confused.

If you did the mod, simply undo your file changes and restore the originals. The apps should then work correctly.

Upvote 0
Okay I'm now confused... Did you install the hotspot mod mentioned here: How to Get Free Native Wifi Hotspot on the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 or did you just download some random widget? If you did the actual mod above, you do not need any other apps. Just turn on hotspot via your settings menu or the notification dropdown. If you use it often, just change the order so it's one of the first few if you do not want to slide through the single row or do a two-finger pulldown.

Unless you followed someone else's tutorial that made you delete the original files, you can just simply go back to the folder and delete the mod files and rename the originals to make it work again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones