• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint poll about best OS leaves Android in the dust; vote now

You can vote on the poll at the Sprint Community. It's on the front page.

You do have to be logged in, but anyone can create an account, you don't have to have a Sprint phone. Just skip the phone and acc't number bits in the reg box.

picture2uu.png

this is what i see....i cant vote...

Upvote 0
Hmm...

I like Android a LOT and consider it superior to iOS. I also generally like my Hero, given it was an earlier phone.

However, I actually think Palm's WebOS actually *IS* far superior to anything else...if the initial version of the Palm Pre hadn't been so inferior in terms of hardware quality, I'd still own one. It's a real shame Palm didn't make the Pre more solid...and also that they went with that bizarre redheaded-chick advertising campaign that sank it.

In fact, when my Hero contract is up, I may consider an unlocked Palm Pre 2 from HP or a new Pre from Sprint if they offer the new versions.

Sorry guys...again, don't get me wrong. Android totally rocks...but WebOS is far less buggy, far more integrated, and just plain better looking. And that Palm calendar app still kills anything in Android, including the Pure Grid Calendar widget...

Upvote 0
Ultimately, I do agree that sales will tell Sprint where to invest development, but since this does have a lot of visibility to Sprint Corporate, I'm sure some ambitious middle manager will get a hold of these results and champion a cause to divert the development budget away from Android so I thought it was worth getting the support of an android forum since the Pixi owners are out in full force skewing this poll their way.
(wow that was a long sentence)

Upvote 0
However, I actually think Palm's WebOS actually *IS* far superior to anything else...if the initial version of the Palm Pre hadn't been so inferior in terms of hardware quality, I'd still own one. It's a real shame Palm didn't make the Pre more solid...and also that they went with that bizarre redheaded-chick advertising campaign that sank it.

In fact, when my Hero contract is up, I may consider an unlocked Palm Pre 2 from HP or a new Pre from Sprint if they offer the new versions.

Sorry guys...again, don't get me wrong. Android totally rocks...but WebOS is far less buggy, far more integrated, and just plain better looking. And that Palm calendar app still kills anything in Android, including the Pure Grid Calendar widget...
I had test driven a Palm Pre in the store, but didn't like the form factor. It just didn't feel good in my hand especially with that "edge" around the keyboard impeded my ability to use it smoothly. But the OS suffered some noticeable lag. Knowing the Pre-2 is out there, I couldn't even think about the plain old Pre. I must admit the interface is very slick and intuitive. But... it shouldn't be hard for Android to come up with a similar representation. Certainly someone should come up with a knock-off Calendar widget for Android like the one on the Pre. Maybe Pure Grid v2?

Upvote 0
Erm, not to be funny, but that poll was not asking which was the best mobile operating system. It was asking Sprint users which mobile operating system should it focus the most on right now.

Android obviously gets the most attention with Sprint. The poll just shows that HP webOS users of the Sprint realm would like a little love too. Please do not get me wrong here either. I love Android, but I also appreciate HP webOS a lot as my wife has a Sprint Palm Pre and I have had ample time to tinker with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones