1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[Sprint] Port Huawei Ascend Mate nav bar to stock GNex?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vincentallen2, Apr 23, 2013.

1. vincentallen2

vincentallen2 Member
    None

Jul 6, 2012
    Male
    Hi guys, I just recently got a GNex after my EVO Design 4G died in me a while ago, and I love it. It's going to be pretty hard to pull me from a Nexus device again (previous NS4G owner).

When I originally seen the review for Huawei Ascend Mate, one of things that made me really fascinated with it was the hidable navigation bar. You press the small far left button to hide the nav bar and swipe up to make it reappear.

I tried apps and app combinations like fullscreen, LMT and Full Screen Toggle; but they either didn't give me the desired feel, it drained my ram usage, or gave me a noticeable lag. I want to know if there's a way to port the hidable nav bar to the GNex, preferably in a way i can keep it stock (I'm rooted without custom roms and kernels).

Any help would be appreciated, i feel like keeping this phone until I what Google brings with the next Nexus or Samsung with the next Note. Thank you. :)

Advertisement

2. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Olathe, KS
    Most but not all roms have the ability to turn it on or off but I don't think any of them have a toggle for it.

3. atljatl

atljatl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 19, 2011
    educationeer, etc
    Atlanta, what
    What mizzou said about roms doing it. Also, there are many launchers that offer gesture sweeping for actions such as that

4. vincentallen2

vincentallen2 Member
    None

Jul 6, 2012
    Male
    Thanks guys. I'm more of a purist, im not really into flashing roms (maybe once in a while to try new features), and I used to use nova prime, but stock just feels better in my opinion. I was hoping there was a flashable way to go about getting this toggling nav bar feature. I think this should be a native feature for Nexus devices (I hope Google sees this for a future update :))

5. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Male
    I'm not quite sure of a way to do it on stock ROMs, however if you do end up flashing a ROM you may want to look into pie launcher. It is essentially a nav bar that just shows up whenever you swipe or touch a designated area.

Tags: