• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] Recovery Mode

t1jordan

Android Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2009
Baltimore
I have the Sprint G Nexus. I was rooted when I took the OTA 4.2.1 update. After update I'm still rooted and my device is working correctly. I'm still rooted because I have a super user app and my pad lock is unlocked. The problem is I have no recovery to flash another ROM. Any ideas?

Just because you have the superuser app, doesn't automatically mean the device is rooted. You need to have the su binary along with either the superuser or SuperSU app installed in order to have root access. If you are still rooted, you can use the rom manager app to flash CWM or GooManager to flash TWRP. If you're device isn't actually rooted, then you need to flash recovery through fastboot.

Upvote 0
I did check and I am rooted. I used wugfresh and it corrected my root. I have recovery now. When I flash Sourcery 5. Or any ROM MMS doesn't work. If I restore my 4.2.1 backup my MMS works with no problem. Any idea what could be the problem. I have the correct radios I'm assuming because they came from the sprint update. Not sure what to do. But I know Sourcery ROM kicks ass and I would like to get back to it. Everything else works except for MMS. As you can see I'm new to flashing Roms

Upvote 0
I did check and I am rooted. I used wugfresh and it corrected my root. I have recovery now. When I flash Sourcery 5. Or any ROM MMS doesn't work. If I restore my 4.2.1 backup my MMS works with no problem. Any idea what could be the problem. I have the correct radios I'm assuming because they came from the sprint update. Not sure what to do. But I know Sourcery ROM kicks ass and I would like to get back to it. Everything else works except for MMS. As you can see I'm new to flashing Roms

Make sure you are on 3g. Also, try using SMS pro. That works for me.

Reactions: t1jordan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones