1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sprint replacing phones???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by soonerfever, Aug 19, 2012.

1. soonerfever

soonerfever Lurker

Hey guys I'm just like everyone else having issues with ICS. I have done all of the fixes but I'm still not happy with the function of the phone. So for those of you who have had Sprint replace your phone did you have any problems getting them to replace it? I do not have insurance because I've never seen the need. I had them replace a EVO under factory warranty for hardware problems. However I've never asked them to replace a phone for software issues. Anyway if you guys have any input I would appreciate it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. yscty

yscty Newbie

I just got my replacement last week. I did go to the repair center once so they could do a reset, then that didn't work so I went to the corporate store and they put the GB back on it but the phone was still having issues and they said it was software related and I needed to go back for more updates. Long story short I told them I didn't have time to mess with this anymore and to simply send me a new phone and they did. They even gave me a $15 credit on my bill for gas and time wasted and the stores.......

Now with that said, the new phone is great and working as it should. But what might be more annoying than the ICS update is now I get the alert to Update to ICS everytime I touch my phone, how do i get that to GO AWAY??? I'm concerned I might accidently hit the wrong button and get the update.....argh!

3. nchargreed

nchargreed Well-Known Member

I hated ICS and did my own flashback using instructions found here in the forums. After going back to factory fresh GB I started getting the update pop-ups two days later. The pop-ups were persistant for a couple days and a call to Sprint Tech Support was NO help. Fortunately, after a couple days the pop-ups stopped. Give yours some time.

Update: Now, a week later ,the pop-ups have started again, but not as many throughout the day

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews