• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] [ROM]RootBox(CM/AOKP/PA)4.2.2

New builds up guys!!

Added file explorer
And added new gapps with a few more inverts!
Latest upstream merges as well!

That's really awesome tattoo, thanks allot for adding file explorer. I really do appreciate it. What a nice surprise checking here & finding a new release, I was just dl-ing a tw rom & before I even checked here I hit cancel. I'm just not into the tw thing. Christ, when I had my og evo, I hated sense, lol. Anyways, gonna dl & flash this bad boy. Thanks again man.

Upvote 0
That's really awesome tattoo, thanks allot for adding file explorer. I really do appreciate it. What a nice surprise checking here & finding a new release, I was just dl-ing a tw rom & before I even checked here I hit cancel. I'm just not into the tw thing. Christ, when I had my og evo, I hated sense, lol. Anyways, gonna dl & flash this bad boy. Thanks again man.

Not a problem just wondering why you were gonna flash a TW ROM!!! LMFAO!! JK any way no problem man! Google voice is in the new gapps as well!

Upvote 0
OK for all you RootBox lovers here's a TWRP theme for ya!

Just drop this bad boy on your internal sdcard. Into sdcard0/TWRP/theme/

If you don't have the theme folder just create it all lowercase! :)

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/6UVyl6ocxr/ui.zip.html

Sorry, I'm not understanding this. I did exactly what you said to do & nothing. Its a zip file, doesn't a zip need to be flashed. Sorry for being a tomato head.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I'm not understanding this. I did exactly what you said to do & nothing. Its a zip file, doesn't a zip need to be flashed. Sorry for being a tomato head.

Make sure you have booted into TWRP at least once. Then go to your sdcard not ExtSdcard go to the TWRP folder and click on it create a new folder called theme click on it and paste the ui.zip in it. Reboot to TWRP! :)

Upvote 0
Make sure you have booted into TWRP at least once. Then go to your sdcard not ExtSdcard go to the TWRP folder and click on it create a new folder called theme click on it and paste the ui.zip in it. Reboot to TWRP! :)

And like his first post about it theme folder has to be skill lower case.. Loving everything your dishing out tattoo.I finally got my own computer I'm gonna try messing around with theming or building some apps,I have general knowledge but I've always wanted to get into it

Upvote 0
And like his first post about it theme folder has to be skill lower case.. Loving everything your dishing out tattoo.I finally got my own computer I'm gonna try messing around with theming or building some apps,I have general knowledge but I've always wanted to get into it

Sweet man! Can't wait to see what you bring out I'm gonna put up my own Liquid smooth ROM hopefully later today so look out for that guys! Also really close on bringing another ROM still working on it! It was a little more difficult than I thought!! Lol

Upvote 0
what would casue my wifi tether not to work was working yesterday when installed i rebooted last night and now isnt working again, i click on portable wifi hotspot to turn on it says turning on hotspot for a lengthy time and never turns on..

I wonder if it has something to do with the latest updates, or whatever. I saw someone post in one of the xda threads (4.2, pa, pacman etc) that they had lost WiFi tether. I have had fine luck with WiFi tether ever since 4.2 came out. Might have been in the rootbox thread. But just figured I'd make aware.

Upvote 0
well tattoo if you could see what went haywire since 2 updates ago with wifi tether that would be great. cause thats the only thing im missing from the current build

Haha! I'm working on it man! Got a lot going on! Lol don't want to get to far ahead of myself! :) Liquid ROM going up now its pretty Amazingly FAST GUYS!! Sorry moose WiFi tether not working on it either! USB tether works though! Lol I'm sure that doesn't really help you I'll see if I can revert whatever they changed back, but by that time a new update will be out with the fix! Hahaha I'm trying man to get everything working for you guys! Not much I can do when they update sources! :) which is sometimes Awesome and sometimes things go down for just a bit. Sorry man!

Upvote 0
Haha! I'm working on it man! Got a lot going on! Lol don't want to get to far ahead of myself! :) Liquid ROM going up now its pretty Amazingly FAST GUYS!! Sorry moose WiFi tether not working on it either! USB tether works though! Lol I'm sure that doesn't really help you I'll see if I can revert whatever they changed back, but by that time a new update will be out with the fix! Hahaha I'm trying man to get everything working for you guys! Not much I can do when they update sources! :) which is sometimes Awesome and sometimes things go down for just a bit. Sorry man!

I hear ya man, if i had admin rights on my work laptop usb tether would be sweet, but unfortunatly i dont. I got a twrp of your old build that was on xda ill just try to restore that later and try to flash new gapps over that see how it runs ty for the sweet stuff your putting out

Upvote 0
God I love my phone modded Tyson Punch out!!! AMAZING!

Attachments

• 1363913088299.jpg
    1363913088299.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones