1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint] Rooted OG EVO to rooted note 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikem0269, Feb 19, 2013.

1. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

Hi all! Some of you may remember me from the evo4g threads.
    So my question is for the people that went from a rooted evo to the note 2. I am upgrading on the 1st of march and just wanted to know if there is anything you miss from the evo or anything you cant do on a rooted note that you could on the evo. I was going to go with the evo LTE but after picking up the note and playing around on it i didnt want to put it down.
    Thanks for any info or thoughts.
    Mike

Advertisement

Mikestony likes this.
  2. SmoovC

SmoovC Newbie

Hey Mike,

I too had a OG EVO, then went to the EVO 4G LTE, and now the N2. So far, I have only ran into one thing that the EVO 4G LTE did that the note can't: surf and talk at the same time. Of course, the OG EVO couldn't either, so I think it safe to say you won't miss anything.

Do it, you won't regret it.

mikem0269 likes this.
  3. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

Thanks for the responce but I can surf and talk at the same time as long as i have 4g on my evo.

4. TADitto

TADitto Well-Known Member

Nice to see you over hear mike, I upgraded to the GN2 from the OG Evo and so far havent miss the OG for a minute. This phone is ridiculous in comparison to the Evo. Truthfully the only thing I miss is all the help from OCNBRZE. I also wish that the GN2 forum over here was a little more lively cuz the guys on XDA can sometimes be a bit touchy. But there are a lot of good guys over there too. Hit me up if you got any question, I'll do my best to get the right answers.

5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Boing! Mikestony pops in here to say "Hey" to mike and Taditto!
    what's up guys?
    I thought about getting the Note after saying goodbye to the Evo, but personally, it was too large for me. Again, just my personal preference. I did like the look of it and I hear it is a fantastic device, but alas, I settled for the Sammy S3....rooted and all:D

Have fun with the Note guys!!

mikem0269 and TADitto like this.
  6. SmoovC

SmoovC Newbie

True; I guess I should have mentioned I am in an area where there is no 4G, and probably won't be for some time! Although we do get those blazing fast (insert sarcasm) Sprint 3G speeds! ;)

mikem0269 likes this.
  7. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

There's nothing I miss about the evo and I was like you, I thought about the evolte but I felt it wasn't for me. Battery life will absolutely blow you away. With the evo, it was connected to the charger all the time, with the Note, I don't even worry about the battery. Rooting is a cinch and without hassle and there's some nice roms being developed right now. I would highly recommend the Note 2

TADitto and mikem0269 like this.
  8. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

With the ma7 release, I'm seeing almost double and sometimes triple of my 3G speeds

mikem0269 likes this.
  9. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Who's ocnbrze?:p Never heard of him:what::cool:

mikem0269 and ocnbrze like this.
  10. Mikestony

Some malformed android robotic figure who lurks here and there wreaking havoc :p lol

TADitto, mikem0269 and ocnbrze like this.
  11. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Ok, ok, that rings a bell now, thanks:D

12. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Yeah i heard that guy is a total robot with a big head:p

mikem0269 likes this.
  13. TADitto

TADitto Well-Known Member

Ahh OCNBRZE nice to see you checking in on us. However I do have one question for you, when are you going to get a GN2? Lol.

14. ocnbrze

as much as i want one, my evo 4g lte has satisfied my flashaholicism. we have awesome devs developing for the phone that will keep me satisfied until my upgrade is due which is in a few years. maybe by then there might be a note3 or something like that....LOL.

15. Mikestony

Flashaholicism?!?!?! wow! big words :p

mikem0269, TADitto and ocnbrze like this.
  16. ocnbrze

well with a big head comes big words;):p:D

mikem0269 likes this.
  17. Mikestony

[​IMG]

Nice goin' mikestony...you completely demolished mikem0269's thread :motz:

Say you're sorry! (whadda dork)

18. ocnbrze

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i just ruined my pc because of this post. just sprayed it with beer thanx mikey.....thanx:mad:

sorry op for his rudeness:D

mikem0269 likes this.
  19. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

Im just happy to see something being posted about anything I go to the og threads and it looks the same as the day before. :( Im no longer late to work trying to catch up on everything that went on while i was sleeping. Well one thing i can say there isnt much going on in here either and the 4G LTE is looking like the og use to Hmmmmmm............ Still not 100% on what to do:thinking:

ocnbrze likes this.
  20. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

I believe anyway you go, you'll probably be happy but I wouldn't judge this forums lack of chatter in the root section make your decision. I don't believe there's many who have rooted, yet, but over on xda there's plenty of action. All of the roms and developers are top notch so you wouldn't be disappointed.

The Note 2 is an incredible device and I don't think you'll have second thoughts once it's in your hands, stock and/or rooted;)

21. ocnbrze

yep exactly what andy said. do not judge by the forum but by the development, if there is solid devs working on the phone then you are all set. if not then move on......that is how i look at phones these days and will in the future.

mikem0269, Mikestony and andygu3 like this.
  22. ceabbott2

ceabbott2 Well-Known Member

+1

mikem0269 likes this.
  23. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

yep with all the reading im doing it looks like this beast is almost perfect out of the box. root is super simple and add SU on stock and its golden. I can only imagine what the roms will be like soon. This phone is fairly new and when i got the OG it was already about a year old so Im sure ill cough up the extra $$$$ for the Note.:D

andygu3, Mikestony and ocnbrze like this.
  24. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

If you have an upgrade, you should be able to get it at a great price

25. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

Its 299 here with the upgrade.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews