1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[Sprint] Samsung Galaxy Nexus Camera Failure

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scooper18, Oct 19, 2013.

1. scooper18

scooper18 Lurker
    None

Oct 19, 2013
    When I attempt to open the camera app I get a small notification that says, " unfortunately gallery has stopped." It then gives me and option to report or to press ok. I have been unable to use or open my camera for weeks. Any suggestions???

Advertisement

2. rvonder

rvonder Member
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    D.C Metro
    I started experiencing the same issue about six months ago. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but at least in my case I've (unfortunately) concluded that it's a hardware problem. I've changed ROMs, reinstalled different versions of Gallery, tried third-party camera apps -- nothing helps.

FWIW, the only way I've found to get the camera going again is to shut down the phone, pull the battery, and let it sit for awhile. Usually a half-hour or so will be enough. When I put the battery back in and reboot, the camera will be working perfectly -- but only for a short time, at which point it starts failing again. And in 4.3, Android apparently tries to restart a crashed Gallery more often, because the "Gallery has stopped" messages appear much more frequently than they did in earlier versions. It became so irritating that I ended up disabling the Gallery app completely.

I'd love to hear of any possible fixes for the camera hardware, because I really miss being able to use it for pics, scanning barcodes/tags, etc. Otherwise, I'll probably have to wait until I replace the phone with something newer since this one is (naturally) now out of warranty. :(

3. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Olathe, KS
    That stinks. If you've wiped everything and re-flashed then you've done basically all you can do. You can always flash everything back to stock, lock up the bootloader and take it into Sprint and see if they can do a repair.

Tags: