1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint] Samsung Galaxy Victory wiped system in TWRP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hurtadau, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Hurtadau

Hurtadau Newbie

So, I was using TWRP v2.4.3.0, wiping the cache and dalvik cache, and i accidentally checkmarked system along with the caches, and now im softbricked. I can access the recovery mode and download mode, but I cant go past the samsung startup screen when i turn it on. Any help would be appreciated, be it how to fix, the files neccesary, links, anything.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JerryScript

JerryScript Android Expert

You are fine, don't worry! However, this is exactly why you ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST!!!!

You need to find the stock backup (it's in the all-things-root forum, be sure you go to the right one, Sprint Vs VirginMobile). Power your phone off and take the sdcard out. Using your computer's card reader, or another device you can put the sdcard in and hook up to your computer, place the downloaded stock backup on the sdcard.

Once you have the stock backup on your sdcard, put the sdcard back in your phone and boot into recovery (hold volume-up + power). Once in recovery, wipe cache and dalvik-cache (just for safety),restore the stock backup, then reboot.

Note- Be sure you use the proper backup for the recovery you have installed, some backups made in CWM do not flash in TWRP and visa-versa!

3. Hurtadau

Hurtadau Newbie

Thanks for the timely response, i really appreciate it. :) Okay, i have the file need, and its stored on my SD card. However, i cant install it, and it doesn't show up in the Restore section. Am i suppose to place it somewhere in particular?

4. JerryScript

Are you able to see the extSDCard, or just the SDCard when selecting the file to restore from in TWRP?

I use CWM, so I'm not familiar with the menus in TWRP. In CWM, when you choose to install zip from SDCard, the next menu gives you options for selecting the SDCard (internal) or extSDCard (external, in other words your's), as well as advanced install which allows you to choose which partition to restore.

If you can't figure it out in TWRP, use Odin to flash CWM, and I can give you a step by step rundown of what to do.

5. Hurtadau

Hurtadau Newbie

Now i can't even access files in my Ext SD card. it says, "E :Mount : Unable to find partition for path '/ext
    So no, i cant see the ext sd card.

6. JerryScript

If you can use Odin to flash CWM, then I can walk you through it step by step. Sorry I don't have experience with TWRP.

7. Hurtadau

Hurtadau Newbie

I get an error message on my Victory when using ODIN to install the CWM Recovery ALL.tar saying "Unsupported Dev_type"

EDIT: Nevermind, i have CWM running as my recovery now. :D What next?

8. AndroidHaCks

AndroidHaCks Android Enthusiast

Download the CWM backup for your carrier, then restore it!

Hurtadau likes this.
  9. JerryScript

^^truth^^
    I'm at work now, will give you step by step instructions when I get home. ;)

Hurtadau likes this.
  10. JerryScript

Let me know if you still need a step by step. ;)

Hurtadau likes this.
  11. Hurtadau

Hurtadau Newbie

Hey, thanks for being so helpful guys, sorry i haven't been able to respond. I'd appreciate the Step-By-Step immensely, because I'm still lost. :p

EDIT: YAY!!! I restored my system and it works fine now. Thank you guys for your input, i really appreciate it.

JerryScript likes this.
  12. JerryScript

Glad you got it working. Now boot into recovery and make a backup, then store it on your computer! ;)

13. derrick101

derrick101 Lurker

my sprint galaxy victory goes to restore as i initiate but while restoring it says Wiping data then goes back to the home of TWRP v2.8.0.1

Samsung Galaxy Victory Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Victory release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews