• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Samsung s4 possible bad?

alpha2k

Android Expert
Nov 19, 2009
I've only had this phone for about 2 weeks, but it seems like the battery compared to my s3 it seems quite a bit worse battery drain.
So could I have possibly gotten a bad hardware phone?

I even ordered a zero lemon 7500mah extended battery and while that helps somewhat it still seems to drain pretty fast. Again in compareing it to the s3 I had.

I am rooted with towelroot so Knox has not been tripped. I am using Wanam xposed mod, and also a battery saver app called ds battery saver.
I don't have any abnormal settings set and I'm not overclocked at all.
That's about all the info I can think of.

Any suggestions what could be the issue, bad phone, bad app, some setting I need to do such as reset battery stats?

Hey dias, you seem to be the only active one in the s4 section, aside from me that is heh.

Hey, if you don't mind I'm going to pm you because I have a couple of other things I'm curious about and wanna understand.

Update:
Dias I left a couple of pm's

On another note I think I found out what the issue was, just not how to fix it yet.
It has to do with location being stuck on.
Easiest way to describe it is, if I toggle gps on, then off, location toggles on and off just fine. Now this is where the weird part is..... If I go into location (long hold gps) then turn on location, back out, pull down notification, then GPS is of course on, if I toggle gps of via the toggle in notification, GPS shows that it turns off, but if you long press GPS again it still does location switched on, yet GPS in notification is showing as off.

So is this a bug of some sort out could it be a xposed mod doing it. I'm using two..... Notifyclean, and Wanam.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones