1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Sprint] Sprint 4.1.2 Update zip

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NolenUmar, Jun 29, 2013.

1. NolenUmar

NolenUmar Well-Known Member

Anyone have the latest update zip for the Sprint Victory? I'm on 4.1.1 but I could have sworn before I started playing around with it it was 4.1.2 after the initial update. Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. g60madman

g60madman Guest

Just did the OTA upgrade on me dev Sprint Victory and I am on 4.1.2. I installed the following through Odin to get it back to 4.0.4

Rwilco12's Android Repository - Downloads

Then I hooked up the wifi and the OTA downloaded to 4.1.2 the build number should be JZO54K.L300VPBMC1

3. JerryScript

JerryScript Android Expert

Any chance you were able to grab the OTA package?

4. g60madman

g60madman Guest

JerryScript likes this.
  5. xInterlopeRx

xInterlopeRx Android Enthusiast

There's an MG5 source package on OSS...maybe we're gonna get some more stuffs.

6. JerryScript

Notice it's for VMU, hope not, but looks like Sprint might get left out of this one.

Downloading now, will do a diff against MC1.

7. JerryScript

Here's the diff of MC1 vs MG5:

Github

pastebin

edit: I did a quick build, only changes I made were removing the 1.2ghz cap in gogh_defconfig, and using my ramdisk with initlogo.rle changed and default.prop edited to be insecure. PM me if you want to try it.

8. JonathanWhitey

JonathanWhitey Android Enthusiast

I really hope sprint isn't left out even if I don't have sprint myself. The deving for the victory and the 2 carriers are so close... I hope that an update wouldn't affect that. (but I guess I wouldn't care if I got 4.3. :D)

9. JerryScript

No 4.3, this kernel is not 3.4 so it will not work with Android 4.3. :(

10. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

but g60 and some other devs are working on getting a working 3.4 kernel to us, im kinda in the background watching...like teamapexq and some others are close to a 3.4 for the msm8960 lite board

11. g60madman

g60madman Guest

12. NolenUmar

Hey is it hard to repackage a OTA update so it works with TWRP? I downloaded it and pulled it out of cache but twrp isn't agreeing with it.

13. harishmenace

harishmenace Lurker

Not sure if this will work, but at max you will loose root and twrp recovery.
    Copy the update to external sdcard and then flash this http://androidforums.com/sprint-vic...root/706903-oudhs-galaxy-victory-un-root.html in the TWRP and install the update in stock recovery. Again I have not tested it, its just an idea.

14. Enzomatrx

Enzomatrx Member

you have to have stock recovery. I used ODIN to flash the linked TAR file to revert to stock recovery

Sprint Galaxy Victory Stock Recovery

PDA, select file, turn off all partition stuff and reboot stuff.

15. NolenUmar

I'm not near a computer . And that file is gone. The site is gone

16. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

if someone can upload it to a webserver (direct link only) i can repackage it to work

17. Enzomatrx

Enzomatrx Member

Which file is gone?

18. NolenUmar

The unroot file. And I'll start uploading it right now.

19. harishmenace

harishmenace Lurker

Samsung Galaxy Victory Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Victory release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews