• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[sprint] Sprint Early Upgrade

Well tonight at midnight I am pre ordering my new EVO 4g LTE thankfully I got Sprint to allow me to buy out my contract for $115 now my only thing I forgot to ask them was Will that $115 pending charge on my next bill prevent me from upgrading tonight until i pay that cause i had them put that on my next bill so I'd have $200 for the new phone today at midnight? And i also forgot to ask if you can pre order the new EVO 4g LTE right off the website? Cause the only phone I have ever pre ordered was the 3d and I DID that in store and picked it up on release day :( so hopefully that won't prevent me from doing so and hopefully I can pre order the new EVO 4g LTE online!
And i emailed Sprint again asking them about those 2 things yesterday and to this point no reply yet !??!

I'm glad you are getting an upgrade. I know how badly you want ICS and LTE.

Reactions: 814 htc evo
Upvote 0
Yeah iv been foaming at the mouth if you will for LTE and ICS my brother has always been 1step ahead of me with the LTE game since he is on Verizon !!! Yuck no thanks I had Verizon and they are REDICULOUS!!!!! So Sprint is my choice and well unfortunately I haven't been able to quite keep up yet all though i can say the 3vo has been good to me and I LOVE the EVO lineup so either way EVO or nothing! That's why iv been dying to get my hands on the new EVO 4g LTE anyway possible lol :) and in 45 mins approx. I will be pushing the button :) :)

Upvote 0
I have ICS on my Transformer Prime but still with the new EVO and Sense it may be a little different. Like I don't think there is the notifications pull down anymore it's at the bottom maybe. I am like you I have had both EVO's love HTC and am on my way to Best Buy to Pre Order now. They opened at 10 so I am leaving here shortly. Needed to drink one cup of quick coffee and read the forums real quick. I am excited too!

Yeah iv been foaming at the mouth if you will for LTE and ICS my brother has always been 1step ahead of me with the LTE game since he is on Verizon !!! Yuck no thanks I had Verizon and they are REDICULOUS!!!!! So Sprint is my choice and well unfortunately I haven't been able to quite keep up yet all though i can say the 3vo has been good to me and I LOVE the EVO lineup so either way EVO or nothing! That's why iv been dying to get my hands on the new EVO 4g LTE anyway possible lol :) and in 45 mins approx. I will be pushing the button :) :)

Upvote 0
FOLLOW UP: Well guys GREAT NEWS!!!! I called Sprint and they forwarded me over to the upgrade dept..I spoke with a woman about the buy up program and she said to buy out my remaining 2years of my contract it would only be $115 which was definitely LOWER than I would have imagined. So with that being said she billed the $115 to my contract and within 24-48 hours il be eligible for a new 2 year contract upgrade can we SAY EVO 4G LTE HERE I COME!!!!!

EVEN BETTER NEWS SPRINT IS ALSO DOING THE BUYBACK PROGRAM STILL AND I CHECKED FOR THE EVO 3D WE CAN GET $90.00 CREDIT SO MY PLAN IS TO SELL MY EVO 3D TO SPRINT FOR $90.00, AND PAY SPRINT $115 TO BUYOUT MY CONTRACT, AND THEN MAY 7TH PRE ORDER THE EVO 4G LTE !!!!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS!!!! ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO DO THE SAME DO WHAT I DID AND YOU WILL BE IN LUCK LIKE ME!!!!!

That's great news! It's also what I plan to do. Although, I may cancel my insurance since I hear it will be increasing to $11 and just keep the 3D as a backup.

Upvote 0
EVEN BETTER NEWS SPRINT IS ALSO DOING THE BUYBACK PROGRAM STILL AND I CHECKED FOR THE EVO 3D WE CAN GET $90.00 CREDIT SO MY PLAN IS TO SELL MY EVO 3D TO SPRINT FOR $90.00, AND PAY SPRINT $115 TO BUYOUT MY CONTRACT, AND THEN MAY 7TH PRE ORDER THE EVO 4G LTE !!!!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS!!!! ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO DO THE SAME DO WHAT I DID AND YOU WILL BE IN LUCK LIKE ME!!!!!

Depending on the condition and the amount of accessories you have you can easily get more than $90 on ebay or craigslist.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Well i bought the otterbox defender case the day I got the 3d EVO on day 1 to be exact and since then I have not dropped, scratched, or anything to my 3d evo I take good care of all of my phones and i still have the original charger and such. I was told that same info as well I may haveto look into that thanks :) :)

Think about it, you could sell that case with the phone to add another $20 to $30 worth to the value of the phone.

Upvote 0
Some people don't want to go through the hassle of craigslist, etc., and knowing you can walk into a sprint store and get 90 bones hassle free, this is an attractive option.

You are so right. I made the mistake of selling my EVO back to Sprint last year for $150. I had two people that I know come up to me and ask me why I did not sell the phone to them. I could have sold it to them for $150 and they would not have to renew their contract. They would be helping me, and I would be helping them. I know next time I will ask around before I sell my phone back to Sprint.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I would sell it on Ebay or Craigslist as well. Or you can sell it to one of your friends. You would get way more than $90.

I bought my OG EVO on eBay when it first came out for $325. I didn't have a full upgrade available, and it would have cost me $400+ to get it when it first came out. The guy bought two, but one wasn't going to be used so he sold it. Nice dude. He even hand delivered it to me since he just so happened to live 10 minutes from me.

Upvote 0
My advice to everyone is to not use your upgrade at all until/if Sprint ever gets Network Vision up and running. If you upgrade now you will regret it like I do. You will have 3G speeds that are slower than dial-up circa 1997, that is if you get bandwith at all because sometimes I don't. And don't count on customer service to help. They are very friendly but completely incompetent and deprived of the information or tools to handle any issue you may have.

Save your upgrade or jump ship while you can.

Upvote 0
I think this is a Very Location dependant issue. My 3G has been the same and got better. I had spotty WIMAX so hardly got to use it any before. I am willing to have the use of the new features on my new phone while I wait on LTE to arrive. To each their own....

I have no issues with 3G where I frequent. In most cases, I'm rarely on the network since I'm always around WiFi. I currently have good WiMAX signal as well. In fact, my 3G has increased dramatically over the last few months. It may be part of all these tower upgrades they say they have been doing. It stinks for those who suffer, but I'm glad I am not one of them.

I am willing to wait also. I'm just waiting for a device that I actually want before I make the jump to an LTE device aka waiting for the next Nexus phone (hopefully not made by LG lol).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones