1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sprint Start Application

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by janiec, Jan 17, 2012.

1. janiec

janiec Lurker
    None

Jan 17, 2012
    Hi all,

It would be great if there was an app that could be used to simulate sprint starting. In the sprint start, the starters says "On Your Marks", "Set" and then fires a gun. The problem is the time between "Set" and the gun firing can be anywhere from about 1-3 secs depending on the starter, so athletes need to train for this.

Simulating this could be hard, but an application could have three beeps one second apart so that the athlete knew to get into the Set position on the third beep, followed by a fourth beep of a different sound at a random time between 1-3 secs from the third beep to simulate the gun firing.

It would be ideal if you could set the number of seconds for the mimimum and maximum although I would think this would never be lower than 1 or greater than 4 seconds.

Is this hard to develop?
    Thanks!
    janie

Advertisement

2. cmh0114

cmh0114 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 10, 2010
    It doesn't sound too difficult - I'll send you a PM and we can talk a bit more about it if you're interested.

3. Canton North

Canton North Lurker
    None

Feb 19, 2012
    Hey guys! I saw that there hadn't been any activity on this for a month or so, so I went ahead and put a free app together. It let's you randomize the delay between "set" and the pistol shot, and will also measure your reaction time.

As I understand it, there may be some bugs with the reaction timing component of the app. If you folks could PM me feedback so I can try patching things up, I would appreciate it!

The app is available in the Android Market under the name "Sprint Start Trainer"