1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sprint "Surcharge"

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by CoachEVO, Jun 26, 2011.

1. CoachEVO

CoachEVO Well-Known Member
    None

May 14, 2010
    Teacher/Coach
    Illinois
    OK...here is the deal. I just checked my phone bill and there is essentially a random $12.00 charge that Sprint is calling a "surcharge" Here is the description:

Sprint Surcharges $12.10

Hide Details And Explanation of Charges
    Sprint Surcharges are rates we choose to collect from you to help defray costs imposed on us. Surcharges are not taxes on you or amounts we are required to collect from you by law. Surcharges other charges incurred to recover costs associated with governmental programs, and certain taxes imposed upon Sprint. The amounts, and the components used to calculate Surcharge amounts, are subject to change.
    Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $3.76
    Administrative Charge $5.94
    Regulatory Charge $2.40
    --------------
    $12.10

Have any of you heard of this before or been charged this before? Sorry if this is some sort of a re-post, but I am quite frustrated at this point. It seems that there is always some sort of charge. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen before to them?

Advertisement

2. bartendersimon

None

Jun 1, 2010
    I have the same charges in my monthly bill, funny because this is not required and they don't even ask you if you want to participate so i guess is one of those charges you cant get rid of it. like the $10 charge for 4G even if you dont live in a 4G area. just saying!

3. CoachEVO

None

May 14, 2010
    Teacher/Coach
    Illinois
    I'm sorry, but this seems to me to be changing the terms of my agreed upon contract...randomly. This is so disappointing. While I understand knowingly paying something, like the premium data charge...that's what you choose to do when you get the EVO...this is NOT a choice, but a random way (it seems to me) to get extra money per month outside of the contractual agreement. Am I wrong? If I am, please enlighten me.

4. CoachEVO

None

May 14, 2010
    Teacher/Coach
    Illinois
    Ok...I figured it out. I confused the "surcharge", which I still think is not right, with some other mistaken random charge that was inadvertently added to my bill. Sprint did give me credit though. This thread should be deleted, and sorry for the stupid thread.

BenChase7 likes this.