• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint + Tmobile USA?

ATT has a push to talk service.
AT&T’s enhanced Push-to-talk service to launch in November with Android, BlackBerry support | BGR

If other carriers do this, will Sprint keep bothering with Nextel?

Altel was in service instate a couple of months ago. They were in the foothills and above. I think they were bought out but not sure as the storefronts were still there in Sept.

Any area with varied terrain is hard for any carrier. TMO is trying. I got service in Moab the past couple of years. Depending on the phone, even in Arches NP. The Vulcan's Nokia 6085 does really well with weak signals. The Nexus doesn't do anything.

Upvote 0
As a prepaid customer, I'm curious to see what effect this merger would have for Boost & Virgin Mobile if it goes through.

Nothing good..

I know even if they both used the Same network technology I wouldn't have any better coverage. The coverage maps in my area look almost the same between Sprint and T Mobile.

Reactions: Revenant Ghost
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones