• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] Under 30 days, will a scratched handset w/defect still be replaced for free?

curiousmileo

Jun 23, 2011
so its only been three weeks since i got my evo and i noticed that the screen is a little off center. like the screen is slightly shifted to the left. i went to a sprint store to see if i can get a replacement and the guy said that i could i just need the receipt. im actually scared to bring it back because i have two small scratches on the side of the phone but would that count as physical damage?

its not broken just a little scratched. the screen has always been off center. so would i have to pay 100 decutable to get it fixed cause its really annoying. the screen and the scratches.

so could i get it replaced?

if they see it , they may charge.. this is worse case, however, as it depends on "how small" the scratches are.

also any screen issues they can replace in the store, so just fyi. if its software related, they would either send it off or give you a new one in store.

the handset, once returned to sprint will be considered a refurb unit anyway so its quite possible they wont even care.

just walk in and give it a try. you are under no obligation to swap it out.

also i moved the thread to the Sprint forum so others in similar instances can offer up more help.

Upvote 0
I do believe I have the crooked screen i've heard about. I ordered mine from Amazon. Will Sprint still deal with it even though I bought it online through a separate retailer?

I am also still under 30 days.

You'll have to go through Amazon. Sprint won't give you the replacement unless you bought it from them in the first place.

Reactions: AndroidSPCS
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones