1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sprint Upgrade time

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by jrowdy, Dec 31, 2012.

1. jrowdy

jrowdy Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2012
    Male
    Currently rocking an Evo 4g. Kinda indecisive on what i want.
    I have a few phones ive been looking at and comparing so im just looking for some outside opinions.

S3 vs Galaxy nexus; as of the jelly bean update this is pretty much touch wiz vs vanilla preference right?

then there is Lg Optimus G and the Evo 4g LTE.

Or are there some new phones about to drop that i should wait for on sprint?
    My evo4g is still running strong but ive had it for 3 or so years and its time for something new, but im not in a hurry if there is some amazing something coming for sprint just around the corner.

Advertisement

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Welcome to the forums, jrowdy! :hello:
    If you can squeeze out a few more months, you can see what's announced at CES and perhaps if Samsung announces a Galaxy S4. I don't know of anything coming down the pipe yet.
    I have a Gnex, but wouldn't really recommend it at this point since it's quite dated. The EVO LTE is a great phone still, as is the S3 and Note 2. I've no experience with the Optimus G, but most reviews I've read about it really rave about it.

3. jrowdy

jrowdy Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2012
    Male
    I know the gnex is quite dated already but the only reason i still have it considered was that it is pretty much on par with the others hardware wise and even tho its dated, it will probably receive updates for a lot longer than any of the other phones. Also, its half the price(not that it matters much, im buying on contract).

4. mak916

mak916 Android Expert

Apr 13, 2010
    Male
    Sacramento, CA.
    I agree with Dreadnatty08, if you can wait a few months it would be in your best interest. You know that Sprint always puts out some of their best phones between May and June. I would wait at this point. I know my next upgrade will be in Feb of 2014 but I will not upgrade until June of that year or later to be sure I get the best possible phone for me. Just something to think about.