1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

sprint upgrade timing/ next nexus

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by aeneas_shrike, Sep 6, 2011.

1. aeneas_shrike

aeneas_shrike Newbie

My rooted HTC Hero's becoming old and I've been up for an upgrade with Sprint since August.

I would prefer something with ICS out of the box, at least 1.4gh and 1g of ram. Again, on Sprint.

I was starting to think the next nexus was going to get me close to those specs, plus the bonus of being a nexus...

But from what I'm seeing, the next round of galaxy phones don't have the specs nor the ICS, plus the nexus stories I seem to come across have me confused. It appears there's a nexus device and a droid prime device, both of which are being talked about as being verizon exclusives.

So my questions are - can someone clarify the current nexus situation? And if the next nexus isn't coming out on multiple carriers, namely sprint, what are my options considering specs. I'm not aware of any phone at this point on Sprint's launch list that has ICS, much less a 1.4.

I'd love to be wrong about all of this as it would mean I could utilize this upgrade. Thanks for any info.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Nexus Prime will be the first phone to ever come out of the box with ICS. If you're not getting that, you'll have to wait till next year for ICS out of the box

3. starxpilot

starxpilot Android Enthusiast

Nexus Prime: what we know, and what we don't

General Idea of the Nexus Prime.

Chan's got a point, as for Sprint, I'm fairly certain it will be with them, besides I believe Verizon already claiming a 'Special Custom'.

4. aeneas_shrike

aeneas_shrike Newbie

Thanks. To clarify, I'd prefer the nexus for it's dev unit benefits, so if it also has most of the "likely" specs the linked article mentions, that will work for me. So if it's the case, that answers my question. Thanks!