1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sprint Visual Voicemail Anomalies.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LBPHeretic, Feb 4, 2011.

1. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

I have been having a strange issue with my Sprint Visual Voicemail. It will instruct me that a voicemail is pending because it cannot download it, so that I would have to dial in manually to get the voicemail, but it will also eventually show up in my Visual Voicemail. I can then listen to it like normal in my Visual Voicemail, but the regular voicemail icon will stay in the notification bar. This all started after I flashed ClockworkMod recovery, but I am not sure why that would cause this as I am still on my stock ROM.

Has anyone else run into this? I was sort of thinking of just saying "screw it" and using Google Voice anyway, but I would like to get to the bottom of this before that.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BTK-appl3killa

BTK-appl3killa Well-Known Member

ive actually been getting the same issue and i would like to know how to get it fixed since i do like sprint VVM

3. LBPHeretic

Huh, maybe it is the fault of Sprint then. I thought it was because of something I did after flashing ClockworkMod recovery maybe. Either way, it would be nice to know if anyone else has experienced this and if they have a fix for it. Thanks, in advance.

EDIT: Haha, I uninstalled the update to my Sprint Visual Voicemail, and then searched for the update via the Menu button options and it would not download. Of course, NOW I am stuck with TWO voicemail indicators in my notification bar. Damn it all.

4. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Sounds like it is finally time for you to flash a RoM, Yah baby, we have you in a corner now, LOL :D:eek:

5. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Either flash a ROM or Google Voice!

6. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Android Expert

GOOGLE VOICE ROCKS....
    AND the texts they send you ....are HILARIOUS.....

7. LBPHeretic

I have flashed a ROM already, guys. I was only back on the stock ROM to check something out. :p

The Sprint Visual Voicemail issue seems to have corrected itself. It finally downloaded the update to the Visual Voicemail app and now voicemails are downloaded correctly again. I am still probably going to setup Google Voice for ease of use between flashing custom ROMs though. Thanks for the input. :D

8. RTan

RTan Well-Known Member

When you have the pending voicemail messages, next time just bring up the VVM app screen and tap on the Menu option and select "Retry Download". It will try to retrieve your voicemail message and remove the notification from the bar once it has successfully downloaded.

Otherwise, if you dial into the Voicemail System and listen the message directly, you have to wait for the server to synch up with the client. This notification will not go away from your screen until the client receives the confirmation from the server.

Note, power-cycling the device will help the client to synch up to the server immediately.

9. LBPHeretic

Yeah I tried that "Retry Download" option but it would not work. I think there was a server error or something with Sprint because I could not even download the Sprint Visual Voicemail update again after I uninstalled the update in Applications Management.

The problem has subsided now and all is well. Thanks for the advice though.

10. LBPHeretic

Yeah, a double post! I just checked my newly updated Sprint Visual Voicemail app and noticed it was a later version, 5.1.0.48, and the copyright was for 2011.

Perhaps the issue all along was that Sprint was trying to push an update for the Sprint Visual Voicemail app and it was failing? Methinks it could be that!

11. BTK-appl3killa

BTK-appl3killa Well-Known Member

i keep hearing about Google voice, what exactly is it?.....i keep hearing about it but never really looked into it

12. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

It is a free service offered by Google that allows you to use your Vmail service with them, simply set it up and forward your phone to there service and your ready to do and it will also transcribe your Vmail and either text it to you or email you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFVXAqFNgic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sGVtP1NitU

BTK-appl3killa likes this.
  13. BlackedOut

BlackedOut Member

im having the same issues with my VVM now too. It won't download the messages or let me even search for an update. I have to keep calling my number to check the messages. I wish they would fix it already. I'm on a stock evo.

Edit: just realized this was for the Hero lol.

14. jwolfe152

jwolfe152 Member

I have also been having a problem problem with the icon and not being able to download my messages...do you have a link to the sprint vvm you downloaded and got working?

15. LBPHeretic

I had this issue on my stock Android 2.1 with Sense UI ROM. I had flashed back to it briefly to see if the Android Market Web Store would work on Android 2.1.

The issue went away all by itself after a while. I think Sprint was pushing a newer update to the Visual Voicemail app and there might have been a server issue. After that cleared up, I was able to re-update my Sprint Visual Voicemail app and resume downloading voicemails normally. A quick search in the Sprint HTC Hero section at XDA will likely net you the Sprint Visual Voicemail .apk file you need if you are running a custom ROM.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews