• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] [Vmobi][ROM][ALPHA] CyanogenMod Jelly Bean 4.1.2 [09.03.2013]

I'm on Sprint too. I didn't have to do anything to get 4G working though. I just went to twrp, factory restore, reboot and let it do all its stuff, then wait till 4G comes on. Accept the little network thing. Reboot to twrp, install cm, delete data... done. It's a lot less than it seems... instant 4G

Upvote 0
I synced your's and Chairshot's source and built last nite for the goghvmu, most functionality is working great! Tested for a while, but was distracted by back-to-school activites (last day off this summer before school starts, spending it with kids).

Working short list:
Phone
3G (no 4G in Vegas yet, except when they are testing, will report back)
Browser
Gallery
File Manager (but it defaults to safe mode rather than root?!?)
Keyboard (but has issues with overlay)
Play Store
GPS

Not working short list:
Camera - doesn't initialize and causes reboot
Video player - multiple instances of image in display each showing offset lines, but shows perfectly during rotation animation
MMS - appears to send, but cannot receive (there's a cm commit that should fix that for VM with the proper overlay) SMS works fine
WiFi - cannot turn on (haven't had time to invetsigate)
Bootanimation

Screenshot_2013-08-20-09-20-09_zps1d5744dc.png

Nice work guys!

Reactions: g60madman
Upvote 0
What if you install the baseband fix listed a few post up?

Yeah I already have the newest baseband.. Things I've noticed...

If in CDMA/EvDo mode the 3g works perfectly

If in LTE/CDMA/EvDo mode either..

If I'm in an area with 4g coverage I get no data at all

or

If I'm in an area without 4g coverage I get 3g data

When in LTE mode in an area with 4g coverage I get the following in Status

Mobile Network Type: LTE:13
Service State: In Service
Mobile Network State: Disconnected

Upvote 0
Pushed up new build with working Video, and also fixed boot animation also Gallery now works perfectly. I still need to go back and look at the kernel however the hack was against msm8960-common which is not what we want. This is a temporary fix but sure adds to the quality of the ROM. Only things missing is Bluetooth, Wifi and Camera.

Enjoy :)

Upvote 0
Pushed up new build with working Video, and also fixed boot animation also Gallery now works perfectly. I still need to go back and look at the kernel however the hack was against msm8960-common which is not what we want. This is a temporary fix but sure adds to the quality of the ROM. Only things missing is Bluetooth, Wifi and Camera.

Sweet!

Of course github has to go down as repo sync has reached 39% on nano, mumble-grumble!

Upvote 0

And that overlay problem. No longer have to install a different typing program just to see what I'm writing ;)

Upvote 0
Got up early to sync and build this morning before work. All overlay issues appear fixed on goghvmu, great work g60, hope it's not too difficult to patch into the kernel. Video player, gallery, keyboard, all apps in portrait mode, everything looks great now!

Yeah it should not be too hard I was working on it last night but too many errors and I was running out of time so I replaced the include files in msm8960-common based off our kernel which I did before on the goghvmu when I still had the device. Also Chairshot should be releasing the goghvmu version today as well.

Upvote 0
So you mean I fell asleep at my computer that past two nights for nothing?!?

Great work as always, and THANK YOU!!!

Sorry man :) Since Prima is a pain in the ass here is what is was

Board Config
https://github.com/vmobi-gogh/andro...n/blob/jellybean/BoardConfigCommon.mk#L84-L96

Wlan folder needed
https://github.com/vmobi-gogh/android_device_samsung_gogh-common/tree/jellybean/wlan

Kernel change
https://github.com/vmobi-gogh/andro...mmit/48d0a5140095d8aa208411d26840469341a96240

And the the symlink to make it work on boot, same dirty fix mako also has to use
https://github.com/vmobi-gogh/andro...mmit/4bb501a350f9f2c2673f2132c2eb6794f4464150

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones