1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sprint voicemail and Google Voice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheButcher, Aug 10, 2012.

1. TheButcher

TheButcher Newbie

Is there a dummies guide somewhere to integrating Google Voice on the Galaxy Nexus? I've read some people talk about not doing a full integration or making sure you don't have to press an extra key just to answer a call.

I have a separate Google Voice number, and I just want some form of visual voicemail.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bigbear6708

bigbear6708 Android Enthusiast

Just go to Google.com/voice and integrate your sprint number with voice...then under settings turn off call screening

TheButcher likes this.
  3. TheButcher

TheButcher Newbie

Will I lose my Google voice number?

4. Rachel A

Rachel A Android Expert

No. Your GV # will still work. You will need to program your new device to use Google Voice as your voice mail provider.

TheButcher likes this.
  5. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

To do this you just open the Google Voice app and it walks you through it. Super easy to do.

TheButcher likes this.
  6. TheButcher

TheButcher Newbie

Ok, thank you everyone for your help. I'm a bit slow sometimes. I have it set up now though. I just didn't want to lose my Google number or my Sprint number, but I never realized until now how much I like visual voicemail.

Thanks again.

7. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews