1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

sprint will not replace lost phone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ldavis, Apr 16, 2012.

1. ldavis

ldavis Lurker

I recently purchased a new EVO 3D phone and upgraded my Sprint account. I lost the phone a few weeks after I purchased it and Sprint will not honor their committment to replace with a phone comparable to the one I lost. I did have it insured but only had it a short time nat making a lot of calls. I have the purchase slip. I sent all the information to Asurion and they refused my claim. Anyone have any Ideas on how to handle this since I have been arguing with them for some time.
    Ldavis

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello and welcome aboard. Thanks for joining the forums.

I'm sorry to hear what happen. Unfortunately, they (Sprint or Asurion) are not obligated to replace your lost phone without a deductible, or the defective phone to be replaced.

You have 15days to return a device if you are not satisfied with it. However, you would have to return that device in the same condition. There's no way they (Sprint) can replace the device without you return the one you bought.

Your best (and only) option is to contact the insurance company (Asurion), pay the deductible ($100) and get a new device. You can then let them know that you want a "brand" new phone and not a refurbished.

Best of luck. :)