1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sprint won't Expedite my upgrade date unless...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sara12rara, Sep 18, 2011.

1. sara12rara

sara12rara Newbie

My 2 year upgrade date is October 1st. On Friday we called Sprint to get the date expedited and the rep said to call back the next day and they would expedite me to that day (the 17th). We never got around to calling yesterday but called today instead. The rep said it was no problem to expedite to today, but I would HAVE to order the phone through Sprint telesales. I don't want to get it through them! I am leaning toward buying from wirefly. If I am going to pay the full $199 I would rather get it locally from BB. Does this sound right to anyone?

Advertisement

2. uminchu

uminchu Android Enthusiast

I had the same date for a one year upgrade. I called them on the 14th and they gave it to me on the spot, no conditions or restrictions. Later the same day I walked into BB and asked them to check my upgrade date, and they told me I was eligible anytime.

I suggest you try again. If you get the same BS response, remain patient and politely ask to speak with a supervisor or retentions. You'll get it.

sara12rara likes this.
  3. sara12rara

sara12rara Newbie

What magic words did you use to work that out? They claimed that no other store would be able to see the upgrade eligibility.

4. uminchu

uminchu Android Enthusiast

None, it was a very simple convo, other than her putting me on hold for about a minute to check with her supervisor (or so she said). I think they're BSing you. They did it for me, so of course they can do it for you. Stick to your guns, but do it calmly and courteously. Good luck.

5. Gavisann

Gavisann Android Enthusiast

Call back. A different rep might give you a different offer.

6. sara12rara

sara12rara Newbie

Thanks for the advice! When we called back they actually still didn't want to cooperate. They said they could expedite the date, but the store we bought it from would have to call them to set the expedition in motion. They said something about distributor codes. I was irritated about that since I planned to order online, but then I read in another post that BB price matches. My husband went straight down to BB and got the last one in stock for me at $149.99. BB did have to call Sprint but in the grand scheme of things...who cares?

Now I have my spectacular new phone!

7. rivercat123

rivercat123 Member

My upgrade date is Nov 1 and I went into a Sprint Corporate store and the sales rep told me if I come back Oct 17 he could give me the $199 upgrade price. He said any Sprint store can back up the upgrade date by 2 weeks.

8. sara12rara

sara12rara Newbie

Yeah, 14 days is pretty much the limit according to everyone we talked to. You can also have it done by phone like I did, but its a damn headache.

9. hellaskan

hellaskan Lurker

My upgrade was available on Oct 1st. I was somehow out of my contract, but not available for a full upgrade..so instead of paying $99 (phone price at Best Buy) + the $200 partial upgrade fee, I called Sprint and complained.

(this was Friday, the 16th mind you)

All I did was cut through the first line lady (some strange accent lady in some 3rd world country).. and get to an American girl. I was very polite to her and asked her what my early termination fee was. She told me it was nothing, I asked her if she knew or knew how I could find out if my number could be transferred to Verizon.. after she realized I was serious, she said she'd speak to her supervisor. 1 minute on hold and they expedited my upgrade date.

I suppose threatening to leave Sprint was the catalyst to fixing my issue.

10. sara12rara

sara12rara Newbie

Threatening to leave does get you all kinds of special treatment. When they expedited your date, did they give you the same BS about distributor codes and how the store would have to call them to "activate" your expedition? Did you get the phone already?