• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint won't release MSL codes needed to switch carriers.

Jkount

Lurker
Sep 28, 2017
Hello,

My family and I decided to switch carriers from Sprint to Tmobile, Tmobile indicated it would be perfectly fine, but now they claim they cannot go through with it. Apparently Sprint will not release us the MSL codes needed to do so. Sprint claims they do not even have them, which I feel is a blatant lie. Tmobile claims they need them to basically unbrick our phones now.

Is Sprint lying to us? Is there anything we can do?

EDIT: I should mention Tmobile went ahead and started the process before we figured out Sprint "didn't have" the MSL codes. Sprint instantly canceled our subscriptions at the start of this process. So we all are currently without phone service, and we do not want to fork over a bunch of money to get new phones...

Reactions: alextrk1968
Welcome to the site! :)

SIM unlocks depend on the phone and some requirements, Sprint unlocking policy:
https://www.sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html

If your phone is listed as being unlockable and meets the requirements they should unlock it.

Thanks for the response, it seems only one of our phones meets the requirements, we will look into this further.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones