• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint's $10 monthly hidden fee for Evo

The Hotspot Free isn't mandatory. You have to request it to added to your account before using it.

This I know... But the store reps were not telling customers they had to pay the extra $30 to use the hotspot (without rooting ofcourse). Some were even telling customers the $10 'Premium Data Fee' covered the hotspot. :rolleyes: The customers would call in because they were getting an Error 67 then when we would explain that they had to pay an extra $30, they would go completely left. I cant count how many times I heard 'The Hotspot was the only reason I got the phone' and 'You're lying because thats not what they told me in the store'. I was even called a

Upvote 0
laugh and give me your i-know-everything not needed answer if you want , i dont care.

thank you if you answer trying to help, I really appreciate it.

Why the cellphone carriers don't put the extra $10 premium fee upfront in the monthly charge,I don't see it in the main cellphone plans websites, or TV commercials?

Upvote 0
Can't tell you about "carriers," just Sprint.

Go to their website, Shop, Plans, Individual plans.

The $99 plan is no longer listed like that plus $10, it's listed at$109. Likewise on the Everything Data plan, the $10 smartphone fee is just included there, not hidden.

Don't watch commercial tv, don't know what else to tell you on this.

Not really sure of the introductory negativity about making fun of how people will answer you either.

Hope this clarifies.

Upvote 0
success-kid-meme-generator-hell-yeah-thread-necro-5f6652.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones