1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sprints insurance plans (question)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thefley, Jun 3, 2011.

1. thefley

thefley Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 19, 2009
    Oklahoma
    With sprints insurance plans, I know there are 2 plans one is around $4. And the other is $7. A month
    I have the have been paying the higher amount for years. The question I have is what is covered on the phones, I have read threads where someone will say water damage I not covered and others will say it is, and I have read where someone will make a claim online and they send them another phone without a charge.
    So what constitutes a chargeable claim and what kind of damage or defect would you have not to be charged the $100. Replacement fee?

Advertisement

2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2009
    Florida
    Loss, theft, or physical damage, which includes water damage, dropped phones, etc...would be covered by the higher monthly premium, and will get you a replacement phone, assuming you pay the deductible.

Malfunctions in the phone, not attributable to physical damage, would be covered by either a Sprint store's on-site repair (not alll stores have repair centers), or with a replacement phone, with no deductible.

If the claim is made online, and they send out a replacement phone for free (no deduct) and then they receive a damaged phone back, (or no phone at all) they will charge you the deductible after the fact.

Heres a link to the details LINK

3. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    And TEP is $8 a month now.

Tags: