1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Spruce up your EVO...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alnova1, May 18, 2011.

1. alnova1

alnova1 Android Enthusiast

I didn't come up with this idea...I got it from someone on XDA and thought I would try it and share with anyone who hadn't seen it. All I did was take some 3M 800 grit Wet/Dry sanding paper and sand the red off of the camera ring. Then did some polishing and now it has a nice chrome look. Also I painted the red behind the kickstand black and I think it makes the phone look better. I'm going to work on the camera ring some more because it has a ting of pink still left but all and all I like the look.

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. isaemm

isaemm Android Enthusiast

Wow! I must say that looks very very nice. I dont like the white EVO but now seeing this, it makes me rethink how I like it.

3. alnova1

Yea the chrome camera and the black behind the stand makes it a more uniform look.

4. esthernrob

esthernrob Android Enthusiast

are the white one's glossy to begin with or did you paint it? wonder how mine would look a glossy black...

edit - by looking at the sprint logo, it appears to come glossy...

5. alnova1

Yes they come glossy...

6. Herf N Turf

Herf N Turf Newbie

One thing to consider, I'm 99% certain that the ring is aluminum and, if so, removing the powder coating and exposing the naked alu will result in oxidation and pitting. You'd be wise to re-coat it with something.

7. ironman187

ironman187 Well-Known Member

Clear fingernail polish

8. ooman

ooman Lurker

You just know that some engineer at HTC spent several months figuring out how to make that red tint around the lens.

He's reading this and crying.

9. RyanMac

RyanMac Newbie

That looks sweet! I wish the black ones came glossy. I want mine to have that chrome look as well.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews