1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Spy/Tracking App PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by whitemikefl, Dec 21, 2011.

1. whitemikefl

whitemikefl Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2011
    Can someone PLEASE help me with direct first hand knowledge of an app that will allow me to track an android phone, record call logs as well as voice conversations, let me enable microphone remotely etc..... I also would like to know what android phones and carriers will give me the best combination for maximum experience. I have not purchased a phone yet or selected a carrier. I do not want to get taken for $100 or $200 for the app to find out it doesnt work with my phone/provider or not at all. PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forums - thanks for joining!

With relation to the app you're talking about, I am not sure about one that lets you record conversations/turn on the mic remotely, but there are plenty out there that allow you to track your phone, etc.

Have a quick look at the features on Lookout Mobile - I only have the free version, but the paid version allows a few more features. It is worth noting that, even if you can't get one app that does everything you want, you should be able to get most features you want in a couple of apps. Most apps aren't that expensive... you should only be looking at a few $ each.

As for which phones/carriers would give you the best experience... I can't relaly help with US carriers (I'm in the UK), but I'd definately say get as much Android as you can afford... the experience you get from a high end device is different than that you get from a lower end device. I have a Desire HD and I find Android to be amazing, but my mother in law has a budget device... she only uses it as a phone (for texts and calls), so doesn't think it's bad... I tried to do some (pretty straight forward) stuff with her phone and soon got frustrated. I can't even remember what her phone was, but it wasn't very good.

The best piece of advice is to check out the phones you like in the price range you can afford, narrow it down to a couple (2 or 3) and then get to a shop to get some hands on time with the devices. If you have it narrowed down to 3, you might find that one feels too plasticy, one feels to big (or small) in your hand and one feels just right.

Hope that's been some help to you... feel free to ask more questions if you want more info!

Cheers,
    D-U-R-X

3. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    Theft Aware will do most or all of that (according to what I've read, I've never used) it does require root though.

4. sumitrst

sumitrst Lurker
    None

Apr 13, 2012
    I am sure that "Droid Secure app" available in android market is best to meet your requirement. It not only track the location but the call logs also. It is completely undetectable. You can purchase any Android phone ranges from 4000 to 10,000 with any carrier.

5. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert
    None

Apr 6, 2012
    Female
    homemaker, looking for a job
    Sacramento, CA
    I'd advise being VERY careful about legalities involved in tracking someone or recording their calls, especially if they don't know you're doing so.

6. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    I use Android Lost. Free, so if you don't like it all you lose is a little time and effort. You basically have complete remote control, except for turning the power on, over your phone - GPS, camera, mic, text, email, etc. Check their site (there's a link at the page I linked to) to see exactly what the app lets you do.

As far as the best carrier, that depends on where you use your phone. If the best carrier in the world has bad (or no) coverage where you need it, it's useless for you.

The best phone? Your choice depends on the carrier you choose. The best Verizon phone is useless if you want AT&T as your carrier. Then, from those phones, a lot of it is personal choice. Do you want a tiny phone? A large screen? Do you need a lot of speed and power? I'd love a cheap small phone with a large screen and a slide-out keyboard. (Not that there is one like that.) The best phone for me may be the worst one for you.