• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spying & Indentiy theft

avilasherry50

Lurker
Jan 19, 2021
Phone hacked by getting device info before I got it handed to me by my exs gf and stole my idenity its now compromised on the dark web she controls my phone basically linked to her labtop and spy's deletes personal info and and stolen financial data etc. how do I stop this . . she is dangerous but has connections with computer techs. I constantly get robo/ spam/ spoof calls. IV tried to download apps at no avail. need help im not so much computer savvy. should I just get rid of my device.

ok here are the steps you should take:
1.change any account info you have setup. this goes with any banking accounts to google and even amazon. change the passwords and setup two step verification whenever you can.
2.factory reset your device. make sure that you have the correct google information handy as when you factory reset the device, you will trip FRP (factory reset protection) and you will need your account info for that. now this might be a pickle especially if you have 2-step setup with google using the very phone you are about to factory reset. but i found this article:https://android.stackexchange.com/q...hone-even-if-i-use-it-for-2-step-verification that might help.

do those steps above should get your phone and your life back.

and just an fyi everyone gets robo and spam calls, that does not mean you are hacked.

Reactions: Hadron and Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones