1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Spying on Dogs

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by VehnJents, Jul 9, 2013.

1. VehnJents

VehnJents Lurker

Heres my situation, I have two cute new little puppies... and apparently they bark. My apartment neighbours dont like this, and soon it will come to a question of eviction or giving up the pups.

I need a piece of software that will do 2 things:

1) Monitor my dogs through my Note 2 by way of my home PC webcam
    2) Allow me to speak into my phone and have it come out my PC speakers.

If I can see them bark, then I can say "NO" and they will stop - it works when Im home. Anything along these lines would be SO helpful.

I have a Note 2 and some basic Logitech webcam with a mic.

Imagine my phone could hear the dogs and update my phone, allowing me to log in and scold them on the spot! What a wonderful dreamworld...

funkylogik likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I LOVE threads like this :)
    Ill bet its do-able man :thumbup:

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Turn on Skype or Viber on your PC at home and call it from your phone?

4. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Also consider a dropcam . They have two way audio and mobile apps to watch from your phone.

Also consider more pet focused ideas. Like the bark control collars and ultrasonic units. No clue how effective they are.

5. CMH1989

CMH1989 Lurker

i do animal rescue and foster dogs too you move to somewhere and take the puppies with you to a dog friendly place then u will be good to go :) ohh and stop leaving your puppies alone they should not be left alone for long hours and if alone should have a puppy watcher if they are just babies they have to be watched like a hawk so they don't get into stuff in your home that's unsafe also make sure u puppy proof your house too good luck to and you all the best to your puppies :D

6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Good info and much appreciated, CMH1989 :thumbup: :), but it might not help the OP too much with his webcam/speakers question (although we might all be a little behind since he posted back in early July ;) :)).

I've been using wifi webcams for a few years now and have used them to keep an eye on our dogs (as well as our house). There certainly have been a few times when they've been a little naughty and I wasn't in a position to get back home in time to attend to them, but I've called the house and tried speaking to our little ones to try to get them to stop or distract them. All I got was a momentary pause while they looked at our answering machine (which was only about eight feet away) and went back to their shenanigans :p.

So, my experience has taught me that they'll only really listen to their pack leader who is actually present in the room.

Best of luck to the OP and hope his little ones have calmed down a bit :).

Brian706 likes this.
  7. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert

Build a robotic dummy on a train track that pops out of a closet with your speaker attached. Problem solved. :D

8. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

My dogs already think I'm a robotic dummy, so that might work ;) :p.