• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spyware? Over 20 system apps same storage size

Mark7777

Lurker
Jan 27, 2020
Is it normal for over 20 system apps to have the same size? Also an app called Mysprint downloads several times a day sometimes. After a factory reset it is fine but when I login to my google account it starts acting up and downloads files I didn't request.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-27-13-58-16.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-27-13-58-16.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Screenshot_2020-01-26-12-40-24.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-26-12-40-24.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 163
System apps, unless updated, are stored in the system partition which doesn't count against user storage. So most likely is that system apps that have not been updated are being shown as some nominal/trivial size.

As for "mysprint" one simple question: are you a Sprint customer/are you using a Sprint phone? Because if so (even if you aren't using Sprint but this was originally a Sprint phone) then the answer is obvious.

Upvote 0
If you didn't have any operating system processes running in the background, your phone would just be a completely inert, unusable object.
But to answer your question, yes it is very normal for things in your screen capture pics to be actively running in the background. They're part of what makes your smartphone do the things it can.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones