1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

spyware

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by soulam, Aug 13, 2012.

1. soulam

soulam Newbie

I seem to have picked up a bit of malware on my phone so I belatedly added a spyware software. Has anyone seen the need to protect their Nexus 7? If so, what seems to be working for you?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast

I've never used an anti-virus/spyware product on an android device. I've also never experienced any viruses, spy ware or anything of the like. If it eases your mind, I don't think it hurts.

3. seVer

seVer Android Expert

same here. but I guess there's a first time for everything...

Lookout is quite popular.

4. rootbrain

rootbrain Android Enthusiast

I use Avast Mobile security. And there is a need for these things and I personally would recommend some sort for everyone. Search "security" or "antivirus" in the market. Norton even has an Android version. Several good free ones and some of the paid are worth a few$$$$$.

Rootbrain

5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I have don't use any sort of anti virus apps on my android devices. There's no need to as long as you are smart about what you put on your device.

As always, the user is the #1 threat to security.

If you find you need protection, by all means use it.

6. redlari72

redlari72 Newbie

For my devices, including the nexus, I use the Appriva privacy max app. Seems to work, so far no issues.

7. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

I use Droidwall. Antivirus for android is a scam. There's been maybe two actual virus on android OS, and that was many moons ago, and the holes have been fixed.
    Best thing to do is check permissions before you download an app. Why does a one player game require full network access? Or need to read my contacts?
    Anyway, Droidwall only lets the apps you select access the network. Only annoying thing about it is if I install a new app, I have to go into Droidwall and allow that app to get online.