1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support SSA ... what is it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by intermental, Jun 15, 2011.

1. intermental

intermental Active Member

May 29, 2011
    what is SSA with the power icon in the applications? My optimus V kept locking up soon after start up and after trying a bunch of combinations, I narrowed it down to being the SSA app,.....

any ideas? I now have to force stop it when i reboot and it doesnt come back afterwards.

Advertisement

2. aeroseek

aeroseek Active Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Master of Mayhem
    I believe it is the VM "activate" app.

3. K-L-M

K-L-M Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Yes, SSA is definitely the Virgin activate app. Dunno why it is running as a background service however. Probably has to do with monthly service renewal for auto-pay?

I think in some cases if you flash a new ROM or something like that, you need to restart your service with it. I think I recall other times folks have suggested using SSA when they were having issues making phone cars, or 3G.

4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Yes, I read something about that as well. The point I got from reading the thread(your going to have to do a search for "activate app" to find the thread, My brains locked up) was it is a very handy app in case you have service issue's after flashing a custom ROM, or issue's with service for maybe some other reason(this seemed like an app I would definitely not want to uninstall).

Tags: