1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Sshhh... don't tell anybody (WugFresh - Universal Theme Porter)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by colchiro, Feb 19, 2011.

1. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Thanks to fatpomp for bringing this to my attention.

WugFresh - Universal Theme Porter

Advertisement

WugFresh, Trooper, DRLyman and 2 others like this.
  2. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Android Expert

This is great, but it doesn't work to well for light colored notification bars. I tried it a few days ago when it was first posted on this forum

3. faber78

faber78 Guest

it would be sick if this thing were to work well....

4. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

yeah thats like the uot kitchen ,,,after using it i get fc like crazy but i have seen a lot of people successfully use this

5. colchiro

It could put you out of a job... :D

6. faber78

faber78 Guest

lol....im just fine with that :)

7. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

less stress huh faber lol

8. DRLyman

DRLyman Member

Looks like it's working ok for me. I ported over a custom made theme from Sephtin's site.
    I used a black AOSP type theme with the black Droid in the notification drop down made for Liberty 1.5 and it's working well so far without any issues on Apex 1.4.0.
    Here's a couple screens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trooper, colchiro and gmenfan83 like this.
  9. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

very nice!!!

10. DRLyman

DRLyman Member

Thanks :) I've always favored the black AOSP type themes. So far, so good. I'll post back if I run into any problems or fc's.

Trooper likes this.
  11. colchiro

Add 10% circle battery icons and I could live with it. :D

12. DRLyman

DRLyman Member

LOL I *just* switched it. I had a green one, then a blue one to match my blue icon text, then decided to go with this one.

13. colchiro

My favorite are the round gradient 10% icons, that gradually change from red to orange to green to blue, each a icon a different color.

14. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

@colchiro:
    Hows the mac platform working so far? If up and running, does it support powerpc or just intel machines?

15. colchiro

Sorry, I'm not an Apple fan-boy. :D I'm not fond of expensive, closed systems.

I made a comment to this person who was trying to sbf while on a Mac, but I'm a 100% Windows (currently Win7 x64) guy.

16. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

Ditto same here! Gosh I may have to try this if I ever find the time! :eek:

17. DRLyman

DRLyman Member

I like those, too. Heck, I change the phone around so much that it seems like nothing stays the same on it for more than a couple days or so.

18. DRLyman

DRLyman Member

So far, it has worked well for me and I've had no problems.

19. C0n57an71n3

C0n57an71n3 Android Enthusiast

Expensive and closed = iPhone.
    Expensive and open = Mac.
    Free and best OS available = OS X.

That said, there doesn't really need to be a OS X port. If you're running an Intel Mac (And you should be. PPC? Sheesh.) then just Bootcamp. Takes five minutes total and you're back in OS X.

20. faber78

faber78 Guest

or get a dell mini9 and triple boot mac, windows, ubuntu for free....if thats what you're looking for.

21. C0n57an71n3

C0n57an71n3 Android Enthusiast

That's the way to be, though you would need to up the hard drive to make it viable.

SSD is expensive :(

22. faber78

faber78 Guest

I agree. I've got a runcore 32g, 2g ram. Had some internal soddered in to mother board extra memory including another ssd (but only the one slot carries proper connections), soldered internally a once external aircard, blah blah.....boot ubuntu and win 7.....after the phone though I just stuck to the 32 g runcore and phone for internet with win 7. Wish they had a faster processor, but really it does all I want. Do all my theming on it. Watch movies, about it anymore.

There are some sick ssd netbooks out there, but like you said, big cash.

23. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

meh I use a mac for all my theming needs and it hasn't let me down yet. The only bad thing is that no one writes anything up for mac and I have to troubleshoot everything on my own. I've just recently gotten a lot of stuff to work so if anyone needs help lmk. I'm not talking about running vmware but native os x. I've never SBF'd using mac though. Only linux.

But I would like to see a nice GUI theme porter for mac :D Though I doubt it will happen

24. colchiro

We were checking out VM Player and Virtual Box at work the other day for new pc's. We have an IBM Blade server (VM ware) with 4 blades and it's lightning fast, but it takes too long to setup a new pc in a web development environment, at least a week. The plan is to migrate our current 32 bit pc's to a VM, setup the new hardware with 64 bit Windows, then load the VM on the new pc and use that until everything is migrated to the new pc. New hardware is quad core with 6 gigs of ram. Since it will get imaged several times a day, I hoped we could go with a raid-0 (for speed). Initial tests with 3 gigs of ram and 3 gig Pentium 4's looked promising. We considered using a Linux host, but that ties you to a VM forever.

25. WugFresh

WugFresh Newbie

Who ever made this thing pwns!

-lol.

I am working on v4.7, which will aim to resolve font coloring issues by allowing the users to select pre-tweaked framework-res.apk's with all the xml edits necessary for whatever color you want pre-port, so that your final port comes out closer to the original (the more color options I make, the closer you can get it). Additionally v4.7 will allow users to selectively port elements from any theme, like port the lock screen from one theme, the notification icons from another.... as well as selective system app porting. If you guys have ideas or features you would like to see, let me know. I am open to suggestions on how this thing can be improved.

Additionally; you guys shouldn't be getting FC's; if anything the theme should come out wonky. But if you are getting FC's that means you had an incomplete download or something. The program just ports pngs and repackages them. And it ports them to the original files of whatever ROM you are porting to. I built it for droid-x, so it is porting to Droid-x versions of those ROM files. If you are on D2, the files are practically identical... so that's probably why its working. However ideally I would repackage it to include the files specific to your phone model. I could add that to list of things I am trying to do if you guys want...

{{ WugFresh }}

VoidedSaint and fatpomp like this.