• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SSL error setting up Twitter for HTC Sense

DefenderX1

Sep 22, 2011
Hey all,

So I finally decided to join the modern social world & have a Twitter account finally. I downloaded Twitter's app which works just fine. However, when I go to try and add an account for the Twitter for HTC Sense in accounts & sync I just get "SSL Is Required".

To be specific, I opened Settings > Accounts & sync > Add Account > Twitter for HTC Sense.
The next screen has the little green peep bird at the top & says Peep next to it. Below is a plain white screen that says "SSL Is Required". Menu button does nothing, long press does nothing. There's no option or selection or any interactivity. I get no prompt to login or enter a username/password. Any thoughts?

I have a HTC Rezound, Verizon is my carrier. I'm running Android 4.0.3 (should be the latest) and HTC Sense 3.6.

Thanks all!

Thanks for the response.

Worth detailing here that twitter itself works fine, but this is about accessing Friend Stream and adding Twitter stream. The app it takes you to is the default application for twitter - Peep, which shows the error detailed previously

Here is a screen shot

F_4YUX-E73

Thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones