1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

stagefright?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Claghorn, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Claghorn

Claghorn Android Enthusiast

I started google books to read a bit while waiting for something at work, and shortly after it started some mysterious bug mailer thing appeared and wanted to mail me a bunch of stuff about a bug. When I let it send the mail and looked at it, it said:

Code (Text):
    1. exec(/system/bin/stagefright): No such file or directory
    (along with tons of other junk, but that was what it started with).

Meanwhile, google books is working perfectly well once I get back to it.

What the heck triggered this bug? It never happened before when starting the book reader (and hasn't happened since).

Am I supposed to do something with this bug report it mailed me? What is going on?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User

You mean like this
    and on
    and on
    and on
    I had to go back in my trash 10 or 11 days to find one since its been over a week since I had mine. If I remember right, there is an option for sending in error reports (automatically) to help with troubleshooting and enhancements. I never really figured out why it would come up in my email wanting me to email it to myself.

I believe this one was caused when I was watching a video because there's a screenshot with it.

3. Claghorn

Claghorn Android Enthusiast

Yep, that looks real similar. I had a screenshot as well, but weirdly the screenshot was of the app drawer, and I didn't even launch play books from there. It is very mysterious.

4. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User

After a little reading it looks like StageFright is some kind of playback engine Google introduced with Android 2.0. Which makes a little sense. The screenshots I have of the 2 errors I've had were watching streaming videos of the Olympics. Why it wants us to email the error to ourself, I don't have a clue.

[​IMG]