1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Stand alone battery charger?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WA_Bob, Nov 15, 2011.

1. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Male
    Forester
    West edge of the East Texas Piney Woods
    Is there a stand alone battery charger for the Bionic's standard battery other than the no name Chinese ones that come with two or three extra batteries? I just bought a spare OEM battery and I can't find a charger other than those ones on E-bay that may or may not last more than a few days. (Those have failed me before, and I'm not into wasting more time with them)

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. Beckdroid

Beckdroid Member
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Web designer
    The OC
    I bought one at the Verizon store when I bought my phone 3 weeks ago. I just went to their website so I could post the link for it and I can't find it. I love it because I hate extended batteries. It also came with a battery. I'm going to keep looking.........

WA_Bob likes this.
  3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Yes, there is. The external battery charger can accommodate both stock and extended batteries, and has a little pull out plug for charging your phone at the same time.

If you look here DROID BIONIC by MOTOROLA - Android Social Smartphone - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA and under neath the phone itself are the accessories. The one I'm referring to is the Battery Dock (you may need to scroll to see it).

I bought my phone from CostCo, so it came with this dock, along with a spare stock battery, leather case, car charger, and a couple of other goodies. Not sure about $60 but if you can find a decent one cheaper go for it.

YankeeDudeL and WA_Bob like this.
  4. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Male
    Forester
    West edge of the East Texas Piney Woods
    Well, I found one cheaper and with an extra battery thrown in! If anyone else is looking, this seems to be the best deal around for an OEM one:

Motorola Battery and Dock for Motorola Droid Bionic in Black at MobileCityOnline.com

BTW: I called Seidio because I've been using one of their battery chargers with the replaceable holder for different battery types, but they said they have no plans to make one for the Bionic batteries. Looks like it's either a knockoff or a Moto one for now.

5. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    We're still offering the accessory bundle at Costco, $229.99 on an upgrade, $199.99 on new contracts for the phone, charger, car charger, extra battery, battery charger, standard dock, navigation dock, and leather carrying case. Yanno, just saying. lol

johnlgalt and WA_Bob like this.