1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Standalone Bluetooth Microphone

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by bascherz, Jul 14, 2013.

1. bascherz

bascherz Newbie

My motorcycle has a bluetooth audio receiver, which is great because I can stream Pandora, GPS, or any other app's sound from my RAZR to the bike's audio system. What I need now is a standalone bluetooth microphone that can pair independently with my Droid RAZR MAXX. I have searched and searched and cannot find such a device, nor do I know if the phone would recognize a standalone bluetooth mic. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? I'd need a mic small enough to velcro to the inside of the helmet or attach to the outside and run a wire inside. Can't use a bluetooth headset because A) it won't fit in my ear inside the helmet and B) I believe it would become the audio output device and I want the bike's system to do that.

Any suggestions (besides not talking on the phone while riding)??

Thanks,
    Bruce

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Justin01

Justin01 Well-Known Member

Sounds cool though I haven't heard anything about Bluetooth mic yet. I hope you'll find what you're looking for though.

3. bascherz

bascherz Newbie

Well, I finally did find what I was looking for. But I still don't know if the RAZR (or Android in general) would recognize a mic separately from a headset. Maybe it would. Here's the only mic I could find that wasn't a slave to some other device and wouldn't break the bank. I actually found three altogether, but one required a specific brand of office phone base to host its charger and the other one was mil grade and way too expensive.