1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Standard data charges warning

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by butcherfly, Jun 29, 2013.

1. butcherfly

butcherfly Lurker

I looked up all the internet but I couldn't find a solution. I'm using HTC Desire HD with Android 2.3.5. Whenever I try to open a link while using facebook app, it gives me warning "you are about to leave facebook. standard data chanrges may apply". I checked "don't ask me again" option countless times but still getting this warning. However, while using twitter don't ask me again option is working. So, what's the deal here? I'd appreciate any kind of answers except answerslike "you're lame", "plain idiot", or sth like that. =P

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

It's from your carrier. I think that your carrier doesn't bill you for browsing Facebook, however you get billed everytime you open a link. Carriers do this kinds of warnings so that when someone gets an insanely huge bill because of data browsing, they can protect themselves. The user could petition a case of ignorance of policy and may win a refund. But with the warnings you get, carriers don't lose money because of fakers and idiots who don't read what they sign up for.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Is this a phone that was supplied by and customised by your carrier, and FB was pre-installed? ...and probably can't be removed without rooting.

Sounds like what it might be. Could be that the carrier has partnered with FB, and so they don't charge data fees for using FB. But they charge for other data which isn't FB.