1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Standard headphone/handsfree set is horrible!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaveSyd, Jul 25, 2011.

1. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Folks, is it just me or are the standard set of headphones the worst I've heard? They are in ear type but sound realy tinnylack any depth. I haven't even bothered to load up music until I can try another pair. :(

Any recomendations on a set that sound good for music / radio but also handsfree microphone etc.? I don't want to carry 2 sets one for handsfree and another for media.

Advertisement

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

dont ever expect too much from a pair of free earphones, be it ipod/iphone or the galaxy s2. theyre generally very ordinary. i thought my pair was pretty decent actually, although it doesnt compare with my AKG pair obviously.

ive been hearing very good things from audiophiles of this brand called SoundMAGIC. the name puts me off a bit, lol, but u cant doubt their quality from the reviews theyve been getting (for the price). the PL21's are great, and they have the MP21 which is the same thing plus a mic. should be wat ur looking for

3. MightyM

MightyM Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Meelectronics makes great sounding earphones with a mic/remote. I would recommend the M2P or the M9P if you want more bass for your music (P indicates the phone version). They also make a TRRS adapter for phones that aren't iPhone compatible.

www.meelec.com

4. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

after using the soundmagic PL21 for over a day, i can definitely recommend the MP21 to u, as theyre the same thing with a mic. and ive also heard good things about meelectronics

5. DaveSyd

None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    I was just looking at Ulimate Ears which has headphone / handsfree combination. Apparently Logitech bought them. Has anyone tried these ones. Such as the 220 vi?

6. planetf1

planetf1 Member
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    I was confused as to how bad they were!

Funnily enough I have some "stock" headphones from my old N900 which sound great on there. The connector pin looks the same, but maybe samsung wire it differently?

In any case the quality was apalling. Regular 3.5mm is fine. I did wonder if there was a problem with my phone originally... must retest.. but it sounds from here as if there are headsets that do work properly.

Sad that samsung saved about 1$ with this earpieces

7. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert
    None

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    The included headphones are fairly poor but perfectly adequate for making calls.

If I want to listen to music on my phone, I use my Sennheiser earphones which are hugely better. They don't look a lot different but they certainly sound it.

8. DaveSyd

None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Actually
    I have just recently switched the silicone ear pieces to the largest on the standard samsung headphones and they have improved (there are 3 sizes of the silicone supplied and they come with the mid range fitted. I didn't think my ears were that big!! The small size must be for midgets!

Anyway even though the sound has improved - I'm still shopping around!