• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Standard Mail app on IMAP - Sent folder problem

cprelude

Lurker
Jan 1, 2012
Hi, I have a client who has configured the Standard included Email app for IMAP. It's working OK for incoming. But, when he sends the emails get stored in the local Sent folder, not on the Inbox.Sent folder on the server. Unlike iOS and other Android apps, there does NOT seem to be an option to change this in the default email app. Can anyone confirm that this is definitely and absolutely the case? Because he, otherwise likes the standard app very much, and will only change to an alternative app, such as K9 or MailDroid, if he has to.
I would really appreciate some clarity on this. I have searched the handset high and low, and not found any possibility of making the setting change that I need to make.

Paul

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones