1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support standby battery drain

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by christenskg, Feb 17, 2011.

1. christenskg

christenskg Lurker

Sorry to post another battery question. I have had my desire cow about a week now and live it. I knew from my research that the battery would be a problem compared to my old bb. The thing I noticed today was how much drain i get in standby. I took it off the charger today, put it in standby and left the house. Forty minutes later I took it out of standby and the battery was already down fo 94%. Is this normal? Is there a way to see what apps I have pulling while in standby? I need to get work emails all the time so i can't turn the radio off. Any idea if there is something else i can do to increase standby battery life?

Thanks,
    Christenskg

Advertisement

2. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Android Enthusiast

Check the FAQ

1.4 is the one you want.

3. christenskg

christenskg Lurker

Thanks for the link to the faq. I will make sure to charge for another few min every morning. I have been using the *#*#4636#*#* menu. Mine doesn't seem to have the partial wake usage menu or whatever it is called in section1.5 of the faq. Is there another way to see what is using the battery in standby?

4. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Android Enthusiast

The Testing app (that gets run when you dial *#*#4636#*#*) _should_ have the Partial Wake usage. I've never heard of versions without it. It's in Battery History, then click on Other usage and change it to Partial wake usage.

I find the dialing dull so I tend to use Spare Parts (free on the Market) but it access the same Battery History view.

5. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

+1 for spare parts.

Remembering non-alphanumeric/numeric character strings is a waste of brain. ...An by the time I've copy / pasted from a text document, I'm already finished in spare parts.

Tags: