• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help started up and lost my settings

would not start from sleep mode, held down the power button and eventually started to start. Got to android logo and powered off. Tried again but have to hold the power button for it to do anything. Got to android logo and shut down again. I thought maybe go into recovery and restore. Started to go into recovery then shut down again. Now I'm thinking battery is low, plugged in charger and gave it a good charge. Now it started normally but I lost a lot of my settings, downloaded apps would not run. Shortcuts are gone. Luckily I did a backup before installing tnt lite supplement. I was able to restore and had to put in the supplement again. Now I'm back to where I was before my problem. Created a new restore before starting up this morning. I'm guessing my original problem was created because I let my battery get too low and was trying to force tablet to start up. At least I had made the backup and fixing it was minimal.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones