• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Starter Case

Unforgiven

...eschew obfuscation...
Administrator
  • Jun 23, 2010
    Douglas, MA
    I'm probably going to get one of the LED cases for the phone after I recover from the purchase price, but in the meantime, I'll probably pick up this case from Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/Galaxy-Plu...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

71XU1F6iNEL._AC_SL1165_.jpg

Funny story about this case for me. When I originally purchased my Motorola Moto X4 I hunted for cases and found this one to "tide me by." I kept that phone for 15 months or so and never moved on to a different case.

I preordered (or ordered on the first day available, I forget which) the Pixel 3a and went hunting for a case. I really wanted the Google one, but jeez was it expensive. I poked around, found some, oops, that one is for the 3a XL, dug here, looked there. I finally settled on a case to "get me by" and ordered it. Turns out it was the same case I had for the Moto X4. As I look to my left at the 3a it is still rocking that same case.

So now I've done the fake preorder on Samsung's site I see this case is available for the S20 (there are a million available for the S20 Ultra) and thought "what the heck." So once I get shipping confirmation I'll pull the trigger, but this time, with the price of this phone, I don't think I'll stick with a "just to get by" case.

Anyway, what I like about this case. On my other phones it has fit perfectly and the buttons work without having to press overly hard. It has enough of an edge so when you place the phone face down the screen is protected, and it is thick enough that it protects the raised camera (on my X4).

I like the textured back for both look and grip and it doesn't make the phone too "fat" for a comfortable hold. Oh, and it's $8. :p

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
    I'm probably going to get one of the LED cases for the phone after I recover from the purchase price, but in the meantime, I'll probably pick up this case from Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/Galaxy-Plus-Case-Dahkoiz-Blue/dp/B082KFRG69/ref=sr_1_145_sspa?crid=3HWUO4YXQLSQ9&keywords=galaxy+s20+phone+case&qid=1581462177&sprefix=galaxy+s20+,aps,182&sr=8-145-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyRUVPVTZUVjNJTE9YJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTE2OTYwMko1MkYxNUhKVjRGMiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTE2Mjk0M09WOEU4MUU4TjI2OCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0Zl9uZXh0JmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

71XU1F6iNEL._AC_SL1165_.jpg

Funny story about this case for me. When I originally purchased my Motorola Moto X4 I hunted for cases and found this one to "tide me by." I kept that phone for 15 months or so and never moved on to a different case.

I preordered (or ordered on the first day available, I forget which) the Pixel 3a and went hunting for a case. I really wanted the Google one, but jeez was it expensive. I poked around, found some, oops, that one is for the 3a XL, dug here, looked there. I finally settled on a case to "get me by" and ordered it. Turns out it was the same case I had for the Moto X4. As I look to my left at the 3a it is still rocking that same case.

So now I've done the fake preorder on Samsung's site I see this case is available for the S20 (there are a million available for the S20 Ultra) and thought "what the heck." So once I get shipping confirmation I'll pull the trigger, but this time, with the price of this phone, I don't think I'll stick with a "just to get by" case.

Anyway, what I like about this case. On my other phones it has fit perfectly and the buttons work without having to press overly hard. It has enough of an edge so when you place the phone face down the screen is protected, and it is thick enough that it protects the raised camera (on my X4).

I like the textured back for both look and grip and it doesn't make the phone too "fat" for a comfortable hold. Oh, and it's $8. :p

Love the carbon fiber accents! I use SCF https://www.simplycarbonfiber.com/ cases for past year or so. May try dbrand though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones