1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Starter phone for T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by blisterpeanuts, Sep 13, 2011.

1. blisterpeanuts

None

Nov 5, 2009
    I need to get my wife a basic, inexpensive Android phone. Her Palm pda has died, and we just upgraded our family plan to have data on both lines, so I figure it's time to lose that old Nokia candy bar.

I noticed the HTC MyTouch 3G on Amazon going for around $125. Is there something wrong with these phones? Why would they be so much cheaper than any other Android I can find?

Any tips appreciated!

btw I'm using a Nexus One. My plan B is to bequeath it to her when the next Nexus comes out, assuming it has a MicroSD slot.

Advertisement

2. B2L

B2L Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I definitely wouldn't go for a Mytouch 3G. That was my first Android phone, and let me just tell you its DREADFULLY slow. That's exactly why it's so cheap. Don't get me wrong it was a decent device, but it's definitely not worth paying for these days.

I would probably go for an LG Optimus T. It's probably one of the best budget phones on T-Mobile. Or if you are looking to spend somewhere closer to the $200 range you can easily find a Mytouch 4G or a G2 on Swappa.

blisterpeanuts likes this.
  3. vikingjunior

vikingjunior Well-Known Member
    None

May 7, 2010
    +1 on Optimus T

blisterpeanuts likes this.
  4. blisterpeanuts

None

Nov 5, 2009
    Thanks for your suggestions folks; I've ordered an LG Optimus T P509 from eBay and will hope for the best.