• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

starting the complaints...

A few random HTC reboots (white screen with logo) and the phone gets HOT but other than that no bugs yet and battery life is much improved from my old phone, and charges a heck of a lot faster. I don't like that the camera app doesn't offer a Night scene mode and editing photos is joke, no way to adjust the brightness/contrast after the fact, only before you take the photo. I'm hoping an app can help with that though.

Upvote 0
anyone having issues with shortcut icons on the home screen? most of the apps i have downloaded and moved to the home screen icons changes everytime i restart the phone. for example, i would move angry birds to the home screen. the icon is the angry birds icon, once i restart the phone, the icon changes to the android icon(similiar to the market icon)

Same problem here. I found that if I use a program called Better Cut from the Market to create the shortcut, they icons seem to stay (at least they survived the last reboot!). This is probably something that will be fixed in a software update soon.

Upvote 0
I have never had a full reboot take place by it self, but have had the Sens 3.0 reload when returning to the home screen or because of my task manager. In my case the first cause was by a market downloaded task killer. I have sense set an appropriate ignore list and the problem has not returned. The second cause was by moving apps to the SD card and not creating new widgets and restarting the phone afterwards. My handset only gets hot if I am surfing the net or streaming video. This is normal. It stays cold all the rest of the time.

Upvote 0

yes - the batt gets hot for me too -- i know that's not good for it

The BatteryTime Lite app I use reports the battery temps. While the Sensation definitely feels like it's getting really hot, with heavy use it only reaches the same 104* peak that my Slide would. I think the biggest difference is the aluminum construction and thinner design transmits that heat more and you can actually feel it on the front of the phone instead of only through the back...

Upvote 0
anyone having issues with shortcut icons on the home screen? most of the apps i have downloaded and moved to the home screen icons changes everytime i restart the phone. for example, i would move angry birds to the home screen. the icon is the angry birds icon, once i restart the phone, the icon changes to the android icon(similiar to the market icon)

I have this same issue. I think it might have something to do with moving apps to SD. Either way, it's the phone's fault, not the Android Market or the app Devs.

Upvote 0
The BatteryTime Lite app I use reports the battery temps. While the Sensation definitely feels like it's getting really hot, with heavy use it only reaches the same 104* peak that my Slide would. I think the biggest difference is the aluminum construction and thinner design transmits that heat more and you can actually feel it on the front of the phone instead of only through the back...

I hope you're right. Because my phone gets REALLY hot after playing games for about 15 or 20 minutes. It gets so hot it makes my hands sweat, then sliding my fingers across the screen becomes difficult.

Upvote 0
I went to tmobile today to play with the sensation 4g, and I will say it is built like a champ, t actually reminds me of the nexus one, felt great in the hand, very slim, rounded edges, I was very impressed. As far as Sense 3.0, pretty cool, like the carousel effect, subtle small changes, but looks a bit cleaner. I was not that impressed with the 4g speeds though, I was in Delray Beach FL, not sure how the 4g is in that area. Overall, if I had tmobile, I would get this phone, no question, but awaiting my evo 3d friday, but I figure they have to be pretty similar

4G is good in Boca Raton.

Upvote 0

That happens with programs that are moved onto the SD card. If you read in an apps more about section, it will usually tell you if you can put it on the SD card. Move Angry Birds back to the phone, restart, and the icon issue will be over.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones