• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Starting Timer Now

No it doesn't. See down at the bottom?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180508-194419_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20180508-194419_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 1,041
Upvote 0
I get the grey bubble message 'Starting a timer now!' about 30 secs after starting my S9 Samsung android, but it shuts off my phone if I'm not using it. So I have to stream Spotify on 'mute' to keep the phone on. If any app gives me a notification with sound, the phone immediately turns off. Anybody know how I can fix this? Thanks

Upvote 0
how long has this been happening? have you tried the phone in safe mode? safe mode prevents 3rd party apps from running. so if it stops in safe mode, then we know an app you installed is doing this. you will then need to figure out which one is the culprit. start with the most recent app you installed and work your way backward.

if it continues in safe mode then something is up in your system os and you might want to consider doing a factory reset.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones