• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Starting to lose images in photo and gallery apps

rushmore

Extreme Android User
Nov 13, 2008
Kentucky
I noticed that I suddenly lost thumbnails of images that showed the previous day in the stock photo apps and also the Gallery app. They show show up and open using Astro, but appear to no longer be seen by the indexes of photo and Gallery (but open fine using those apps via Astro). I tried B&B as well and same thing. They all must use the same index source.

I like the stock photo app the best, since it shows pics and movies for both internal and external memory. Never had this problem before. I tried SDrescan, but it just says "scanning" and even after two hours, never stops scanning.

I have tried clearing cache, etc, but still they do not show, even when I created a new directory to put them in.

You have to reboot.

When i move photos between directories with an "on the phone" browser, they never show up in the Photos app until I reboot.

I already shut my Inc down and restarted to no affect (several times, including a battery pull), so perhaps I am just SOL....

Never had this problem before and been with Android since G1 launch. Weird.

Upvote 0
funny this thread comes up as i had the exact same thing happen starting yesterday. impacts mostly videos i've taken at this point

Some vids were missing too, but appeared again after an hour or so. No such luck for photos. Still can access, but have to use either Astro or Picsay to do so. Ironic that the stock photo app is what I use to open them, but the app no longer "sees" them in the index of thumbnails. Same for Gallery and B&B app. Index is not picking all of them up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones