• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Starting to slow down

tluv00

Android Enthusiast
Feb 8, 2010
On the edge
Anyone else starting to see slow down on their Incredible? Not just a little but the loading circle showing up when opening apps or closing them. Sometimes it takes 5-10 seconds for them to just start.

I have also had the HTC logo show up when closing stuff (black screen and grey HTC logo) and then the circle. Just checking.

Anyone else starting to see slow down on their Incredible? Not just a little but the loading circle showing up when opening apps or closing them. Sometimes it takes 5-10 seconds for them to just start.

I have also had the HTC logo show up when closing stuff (black screen and grey HTC logo) and then the circle. Just checking.

I've had the black screen/grey HTC logo pop up when closing up apps once or twice.

Upvote 0
Yea mine has lag! No I don't have any 3rd party apps, yes I shut my phone off and restart it, yes I do battery pulls, yes I do *228, yes I'm a tech buff and have a slightly good idea how a device should work. Figured I'd cover all the questions from the people who feel like Jesus delivered there phone, and that act like u cursed there mother out when u say your incredible has an issue or 2....

Upvote 0
Yea mine has lag! No I don't have any 3rd party apps, yes I shut my phone off and restart it, yes I do battery pulls, yes I do *228, yes I'm a tech buff and have a slightly good idea how a device should work. Figured I'd cover all the questions from the people who feel like Jesus delivered there phone, and that act like u cursed there mother out when u say your incredible has an issue or 2....

Sorry to hear that. My Jesus Phone is fast.

Upvote 0
57 Apps installed on my Incredible (all quality apps, no fart apps, no shaking soda-cans etc..), with a boatload of resources to spare (memory, phone storage, and cpu usage). Just for giggles, I stress tested my Incredible by using a live wallpaper, made sure every app possible was loaded into memory and running, any app that had to poll for data was polling as often as possible, widgets set to refresh as often as possible, had friends flood me with sms/mms/IM's/email, and still my Incredible operated well. I did manage to push it to the point that there was some noticeable lag, but it was a lot of work to get it to that point, and I'd already surpassed the threshold of other device's capabilities by leaps and bounds.

Praise Jesus!

Upvote 0
57 Apps installed on my Incredible (all quality apps, no fart apps, no shaking soda-cans etc..), with a boatload of resources to spare (memory, phone storage, and cpu usage). Just for giggles, I stress tested my Incredible by using a live wallpaper, made sure every app possible was loaded into memory and running, any app that had to poll for data was polling as often as possible, widgets set to refresh as often as possible, had friends flood me with sms/mms/IM's/email, and still my Incredible operated well. I did manage to push it to the point that there was some noticeable lag, but it was a lot of work to get it to that point, and I'd already surpassed the threshold of other device's capabilities by leaps and bounds.

Praise Jesus!

U must have a Jesus battery also, or live with ur phone plugged in?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones